Best flying song?

Old October 2nd 05, 02:55 AM
tom pettit

Default Best flying song?

What's your favorite tune with a flying subject?

I vote for Stephen Stiles "Tree Top Flyer"

tom

Old October 2nd 05, 03:27 AM
john smith

What's your favorite tune with a flying subject?

I don't remember the title, but it is a Joe Walsh song.
The lyrics, "Standin' in the runway, wavin' at the plane, there goes
everything I own!"
Reminds me of the guy in northeast Ohio who didn't secure his Champ when
he propped it. The airplane took off with no one onboard. It flew for
over an hour before settling into some trees in Pennsylvania.
Old October 2nd 05, 03:31 AM
George Patterson

tom pettit tompetatpeak wrote:
What's your favorite tune with a flying subject?

Early Morning Rain

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 2nd 05, 03:37 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "tom pettit" tompetatpeakdotorg said:
What's your favorite tune with a flying subject?

"I Have Arrived", Dwayne O'Brien. Written by a pilot, for pilots.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
If you refer to a woman as any form of waterborne African mammal then a quick
Old October 2nd 05, 05:15 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

What's your favorite tune with a flying subject?

I vote for Stephen Stiles "Tree Top Flyer"

"My Bomber Flies 10,000 Miles" - Oscar Brand

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Old October 2nd 05, 05:38 AM
Jack Allison

I'd have to vote for Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone"...something about that
and the first few minutes of Top Gun that just seem to go together.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old October 2nd 05, 12:56 PM
Jay Honeck

"I Have Arrived", Dwayne O'Brien. Written by a pilot, for pilots.

Agree 100%.

In fact, O'Brien's CD, "Song Pilot" (Published 2001 by Flight Song
Records) is an entire CD of flying songs written by O'Brien, an
aerobatic pilot, EAA and AOPA member, and former member of the group
"Little Feat". We played that disk in our hotel lobby (on shuffle play
with 4 other disks) continuously for almost two years, until our
small-but-vocal staff threatened to mutiny if they heard it again!

Interestingly, I just noticed (after a search) that Little Feat's
current CD is called "Barn Stormin'" -- even though O'Brien isn't with
them anymore. I wonder if they all fly?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA