What happens when

Old April 4th 07, 03:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Greg Farr

Default What happens when

the first A-380 goes down with 500 souls on board, not that I want
that, but since their record is rougher than Boeing's, I'd say we'll
all see this happen, especially if any 3rd world countries buy some. I
can't imagine how bad it's gonna be, with the media, insurance agents,
FAA, and all. Just thinking out loud, not inviting any trouble.

Greg
http://gregsplace.50megs.com
http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1
Old April 4th 07, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"Greg Farr" wrote in message
the first A-380 goes down with 500 souls on board, not that I want
that, but since their record is rougher than Boeing's, I'd say we'll
all see this happen, especially if any 3rd world countries buy some. I
can't imagine how bad it's gonna be, with the media, insurance agents,
FAA, and all. Just thinking out loud, not inviting any trouble.

There will be a great deal of empty discussion about the dangers of
having so many people on one airplane... Nothing more.

Luke

Old April 4th 07, 04:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

Greg Farr wrote:
the first A-380 goes down with 500 souls on board, not that I want
that, but since their record is rougher than Boeing's, I'd say we'll
all see this happen, especially if any 3rd world countries buy some. I
can't imagine how bad it's gonna be, with the media, insurance agents,
FAA, and all. Just thinking out loud, not inviting any trouble.

Greg
http://gregsplace.50megs.com
http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1

Perhaps we'll use the experience gained here!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fromthearc...017027,00.html

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old April 4th 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Starshiy Nemo

The same thing people said when 747 crashed in Japan with more than 500
souls on board
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123
Regards

Old April 5th 07, 01:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

Cable News fodder.
Everyone will get excited until something else comes along.
The NTSB or it's equivalent will handle it pretty much like any other crash.
There will be cancellation of orders and Airbus stock will plummet.
No trouble, just tragic.
Alan

Old April 6th 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

"Alan" wrote in message
m...
Cable News fodder.
Everyone will get excited until something else comes along.
The NTSB or it's equivalent will handle it pretty much like any other
crash.
There will be cancellation of orders and Airbus stock will plummet.
No trouble, just tragic.
Alan

I seriously doubt it. Look at the amount of Boeing 747s that have come down.
Even a collision of two 747s at Tenerife
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife_disaster) or JAL123 killing 520 in a
single crash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123) didn't
do much against the sales of the type. A380 should be no different.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Old April 7th 07, 02:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

"Ron" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
[...]

You know.. you are absolutely right. It would have to depend on the
circumstances surrounding such a disaster. An accident that, let's say,
occurred during landing in bad weather would be the flight crew's fault and
shouldn't reflect on Airbus. However, were there to be a string of
unexplained failures like what happened with the DeHavilland Comet, that, I
believe, would affect sales.
Either way - tragedy for the news networks to feed upon.
Alan

Old April 8th 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Stewart

"Alan" skrev i en meddelelse

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

You know.. you are absolutely right. It would have to depend on the
circumstances surrounding such a disaster. An accident that, let's say,
occurred during landing in bad weather would be the flight crew's fault
and
shouldn't reflect on Airbus. However, were there to be a string of
unexplained failures like what happened with the DeHavilland Comet, that,
believe, would affect sales.
Either way - tragedy for the news networks to feed upon.

or for fear-mongers like you ;-)

Old April 9th 07, 01:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

"Paul Stewart" wrote in message
. ..

"Alan" skrev i en meddelelse

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

You know.. you are absolutely right. It would have to depend on the
circumstances surrounding such a disaster. An accident that, let's say,
occurred during landing in bad weather would be the flight crew's fault
and
shouldn't reflect on Airbus. However, were there to be a string of
unexplained failures like what happened with the DeHavilland Comet,

that,
believe, would affect sales.
Either way - tragedy for the news networks to feed upon.

or for fear-mongers like you ;-)

Paul, I disagree with the label you place on me.
In aviation circles, I'm one of the guys they may call after it has gone
wrong. I get cynical because it is not my job to place blame or figure out
on site how to prevent things from happening again. Sometimes due to a
string of minor loosely related errors, s*it happens.
In the USA, it's the talking heads with the faux seriousness, journalists or
struggling anchors on site with the microphones and video cameras who IMHO
more at times aptly fit "fear-monger".
All the Best,
Alan

--
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those
entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it