Looking for a non-WAAS Garmin GNS430 database card

Old May 11th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

Default Looking for a non-WAAS Garmin GNS430 database card

One of my two non-WAAS Garmin GNS430 database cards has somehow died and
remembering to pull the only one from my unit to bring home and burn has
become risky, so I am looking for another spare card.

There are a couple on eBay but I thought I would at least see if any of you
here have spare, old GNS430/530 cards after your WAAS upgrades. If you are
interested in getting rid of one, send me an email at .

It'll probably be a bit before I upgrade my 430 to the 430W.

--
Peter
Old May 12th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
scott moore

Peter R. wrote:
One of my two non-WAAS Garmin GNS430 database cards has somehow died and
remembering to pull the only one from my unit to bring home and burn has
become risky, so I am looking for another spare card.

There are a couple on eBay but I thought I would at least see if any of you
here have spare, old GNS430/530 cards after your WAAS upgrades. If you are
interested in getting rid of one, send me an email at .

It'll probably be a bit before I upgrade my 430 to the 430W.

Sure, would you like me to include some free cash with that?
Old May 12th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 5/11/2007 7:53:28 PM, scott moore wrote:

Sure, would you like me to include some free cash with that?

I am more than willing to pay a fair price for the card.

--
Peter
Old May 12th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bruce McFadden

When one of my cards died, I called Jepp and after some "discussion" they
sent me a new one for free. These little ard should last for a longer time
than they do considering their actual usage time and cost.

--

Bruce McFadden Birmingham, AL
PA32-260 N5594J

Patrick Henry --"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will do the
plowing for those that don't!!

Old May 12th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 5/11/2007 11:47:36 PM, "Bruce McFadden" wrote:

When one of my cards died, I called Jepp and after some "discussion" they
sent me a new one for free. These little ard should last for a longer time
than they do considering their actual usage time and cost.

Good idea. I'll check with them this coming week. Not sure why I was so quick
to roll over with this defective product.

--
Peter
Old May 14th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 5/11/2007 11:47:36 PM, "Bruce McFadden" wrote:

When one of my cards died, I called Jepp and after some "discussion" they
sent me a new one for free. These little ard should last for a longer time
than they do considering their actual usage time and cost.

Just got off the phone with Jepp. After my story, customer service sent me to
tech support who then sent me to their returns department. Bottom line is
that after waiting for each of the departments (total time was about 20
minutes) to pick up, Jepp was quick to agree to send out a replacement card
and provide instructions on how to ship my defective one back.

Thanks, Bruce, for the kick in the pants to wake me up here.

--
Peter

Jeppesen database subscription for Garmin GNS530W / GNS430W WAAS GPS jbskies Owning 7 February 4th 07 09:21 AM
Jeppesen database subscription for Garmin GNS530W / GNS430W WAAS GPS jbskies Instrument Flight Rules 1 January 29th 07 07:58 PM
Playing with the Garmin GNS430/530 WAAS simulator Peter R. Instrument Flight Rules 5 January 1st 07 08:13 PM
Garmin GNS430 & WAAS Roy Page Owning 33 April 7th 05 04:02 AM
Garmin GNS430 upgrade "schedule" Andrew Gideon Products 7 October 6th 04 11:06 PM