Navy Medals

Old May 12th 04, 07:06 PM
Kyle

Default Navy Medals

This is not a commercial post. I am just a amateur programmer who happens to
be in the navy. I created a script to arrange navy medals in the correct
order and display them graphically. If anyone is interested, please check
it out at http://medalsonline.com. Feedback would be appreciated. Thank
you.
Kyle

Old May 12th 04, 07:48 PM
paleryder

"Kyle" wrote in message
m...
This is not a commercial post. I am just a amateur programmer who happens

be in the navy. I created a script to arrange navy medals in the correct
order and display them graphically. If anyone is interested, please check
it out at http://medalsonline.com. Feedback would be appreciated. Thank
you.
Kyle

Not too bad. Add the ability to add devices for multiple awards.

Old May 12th 04, 10:40 PM
BadBender

The Air Force already has a program like this. It can be found on the
virtual MPF web site. It's either program is useful.

--
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end
up being governed by your inferiors.
"paleryder" wrote in message

m...

Old May 13th 04, 07:42 AM
Ogden Johnson III

"BadBender" wrote:

--

[Top-posting, such that your sig delimiter deletes all of the
quoted material is even more despicable than just top-posting.]

"paleryder" wrote

"Kyle" wrote

This is not a commercial post. I am just a amateur programmer who happens to
be in the navy. I created a script to arrange navy medals in the correct
order and display them graphically. If anyone is interested, please check
it out at http://medalsonline.com. Feedback would be appreciated. Thank
you.

Not too bad. Add the ability to add devices for multiple awards.

The Air Force already has a program like this. It can be found on the
virtual MPF web site. It's either program is useful.

Difference is, Kyle put a link in his post. You just offered a
nebulous "The Air Farce already has a program ..." and then
referred to a "virtual" MPF web site.

Diagramming your last sentence, "It's either program is useful.",
did not offer any more compression than the sentence as written.
Would you care to rewrite that one? And post a link to the
"virtual MPF web site" where we can find this "already has a
program"?
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
Old May 13th 04, 01:31 PM
Tex Houston

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message
Difference is, Kyle put a link in his post. You just offered a
nebulous "The Air Farce already has a program ..." and then
referred to a "virtual" MPF web site.

Diagramming your last sentence, "It's either program is useful.",
did not offer any more compression than the sentence as written.
Would you care to rewrite that one? And post a link to the
"virtual MPF web site" where we can find this "already has a
program"?
--
OJ III

Good start would be...

http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/awar...?Mode=Graphics

https://www.perscomonline.army.mil/t...Precedence.htm

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/...y_ribbons.html

I helped someone else with this just yesterday, unfortunately I didn't save
the Army and Navy ones. This time I will.

Regards,

Tex Houston

Old May 13th 04, 03:07 PM
Kyle

I have seen and used a site similar to what I created. I grew frustrated
with that site however due to the fact that I could not save my list and had
to recreate it each time I re-visited the site. Consequently I created this
to allow the visitor to register if he chooses and thereby save his list of
awards. I also plan to add the ability to include devices as well,
including a preview to show proper placement. That will take a bit more
work as you can imagine. More than anything, it is a just a way for me to
exercise my limited programming skills.

Kyle

Old May 14th 04, 06:56 AM
dano

"Kyle" wrote in message
news
I have seen and used a site similar to what I created. I grew frustrated
with that site however due to the fact that I could not save my list and

had
to recreate it each time I re-visited the site. Consequently I created

this
to allow the visitor to register if he chooses and thereby save his list

of
awards. I also plan to add the ability to include devices as well,
including a preview to show proper placement. That will take a bit more
work as you can imagine. More than anything, it is a just a way for me to
exercise my limited programming skills.

Kyle

Kyle, two recommondations:
1. try to work in some radio buttons or check boxes, the way you have it
set up now puts quite a strain on the server and the user (reloading the
page after each selection).
2. all the USCG awards that we VP sailors get are missing, such as CG MUC,
SOS, etc.

Otherwise, the idea of saving your results is a good idea.

Dano (AWC)

danomedia(at)hangSpammersByThierTestesDOTyahooDOTc om