McCall, Idaho: Mountain and Canyon Flying Seminars

Old March 20th 04, 01:52 AM

Default McCall, Idaho: Mountain and Canyon Flying Seminars

There are a few openings available in the Idaho back country
mountain flying courses this summer. If you are interested
in the next level of mountain, canyon and back country flying,
please consider attending one of these seminars with back country
instruction this summer!

If you have heard about the Idaho back country, then you know
what I mean. If you haven't, then please consider browsing and
putting McCall, Idaho on your summer adventure list! McCall is
an excellent place to launch into the back country. There are 50
airstrips in the Frank Church "River of No Return" Wilderness area,
and nearby back country. This is the coolest place in the lower
48.. (of course Alaska is better, but it is a long way away. :-)

I've been, it is GREAT, I may be on staff this summer.

Ripped from McCall Mountain Canyon Flying, LLC web pages:

http://www.mountaincanyonflying.com/

News & Events

* Come see us at the 12th Annual Idaho Aviation Festival & Safety
Conference March 12-13, 2004 at the Boise Centre on the Grove.
* Lori MacNichol is the American Champion Factory Authorized Flight
Instructor for the Northwestern United States.
* We now have a Maule MX-7-180A available to seminar
participants. Check with us for availability, rental rate, &
pilot qualifications.

Our experienced flight instructors have over 75 years and 25,000
hours flying in the Idaho back country. McCall Mountain/Canyon Flying
Seminars, LLC can provide a fun and educational introduction to the
flying skills needed to operate safely in this unique environment.

McCall Mountain Canyon Flying, LLC
P.O. Box 1175
McCall, ID 83638
Phone: 208-634-1344
Fax: 208-692-1682

2004 Seminar Schedule

June 21 - 25 (Advanced Course - Sulphur Creek)
June 29 - July 2 (Basic Course)
July 6 - 9 (Basic Course)
July 13 - 16 (Basic Course)
July 19 - 23 (Advanced Course - Sulphur Creek)

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB
Old March 20th 04, 02:33 AM
C J Campbell

wrote in message
There are a few openings available in the Idaho back country
mountain flying courses this summer.

I have wanted to attend this course for a long time. I've really got to find
time to get away and do this.

Old March 20th 04, 03:14 PM

C J Campbell wrote:

C J,

If you can't get away to Idaho, at least do Colorado with me!

Leadville, 9927 MSL, pattern 11,000 MSL, Telluride, Glenwood Springs
and Aspen await the soft, gentle touchdown of your wheels! :-)

Old March 20th 04, 10:14 PM
Andrew Sarangan

I've done Colorado with the CPA (Colorado Pilot Assoc), and would
highly recommend it. Leadville is not such a big deal. The runway is
long and the terrain is flat. Glenwood Springs is the real thriller.
Telluride is also fantastic. When I used to fly out there, I shot the
entire flight on video and was giving it out for free on the net, but
now I have run out of them. If anyone is interested, let me know and I
will run some copies.

Old March 21st 04, 01:10 AM
Al Gilson

I wanted to do this but my Cessna 172E with the Continental 0-300 145hp
didn't have enough under the hood. I believe that they requre you bring
at least 180hp or rent from them. Woulda been fun tho!

Al
1964 Slyhawk
Spokane, WA

Spokane, WA USA
1970 VW Convertible
1964 Cessna Skyhawk
Old March 21st 04, 04:17 AM
Blanche

Jer/

Willing to do it in my cherokee 180? Been to Leadville already.

Old March 21st 04, 07:45 AM
Bela P. Havasreti

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:10:53 -0800,
(Al Gilson) wrote:

I've been to the Idaho back-country with my C-145-powered '54 C-170B.

Is it the right airplane for the mission? Most definitely not.

Can the airplane be flown there? Yes.... with due care & caution.
You fly lightly loaded and only in the mornings (1/2 tanks, back seat
removed and I'm by myself). By noon, you should be back at camp
making lunch for the rest of the guys who show up only after they've
done enough fishing for the day (somebody has to make sure the beer is
on ice...).

That being said, I understand why they say don't show up without at
least 180hp.

And *that* being said, the mountains/hills don't really care how much
horsepower you have. If you make a sufficient number of bad decisions
in a row, you will end up in the newspaper no matter what you're
flying.... with the possible exception of the guy who flies the
540-powered Harmon Rocket around the Idaho back-country! Forget his
name now... Dan something I think. He can do whatever he wants,
whenever he wants! But he did say he has to rebuild his wheel pants
every year or so....

Bela P. Havasreti