AF Academy finished

Old August 30th 03, 08:01 AM
Joey Bishop

Default AF Academy finished

"Seven 20- and 21-year-old cadets were ticketed by police for drinking
alcohol in an off-campus hotel room early Saturday with two young
women, aged 16 and 18. "

As far as I'm concerned, the AF Academy has failed it's mission, and the
tax dollars should be shifted to the Army and Naval Academies. There is
no reason for it's further existence.

Old August 30th 03, 11:15 PM
Vaughn

"Joey Bishop" wrote in message
.. .
"Seven 20- and 21-year-old cadets were ticketed by police for drinking
alcohol in an off-campus hotel room early Saturday with two young
women, aged 16 and 18. "

Horrors! College kids actually drinking and pairing off with the
opposite sex? What is this world coming to?

As far as I'm concerned, the AF Academy has failed it's mission, and the
tax dollars should be shifted to the Army and Naval Academies. There is
no reason for it's further existence.

Bull****. Do you really think that there is no drinking and whoring
going on at the Army and Navy Academies?

Vaughn (an ex-Navy guy)

Old August 30th 03, 11:33 PM
Joey Bishop

"Vaughn" wrote

Bull****. Do you really think that there is no drinking and whoring
going on at the Army and Navy Academies?

Yea. Never mind. You're right. What the hell, it's free money anyway,
and the public can kiss their ass.

Old August 31st 03, 04:44 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: AF Academy finished
From: "Jim Baker"
Date: 8/31/03 7:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time

0's when the
military
had to take what they could get. The ranks were decimated by the public

apathy,
and poor pay. I think they are still running the place like a university,

and the
result will be more of the same. They have lost their pride, and their

distinction.
Today, I would no more hire an Academy graduate, than a convicted thief.

Those first two sentences are the statements of an ignorant person. The pay
raises of 1980, 1981 (about 25% in those two years bringing pay to approx.
civilian par for several years) were the highest in decades, before or
since. Also, due to the pay raises and obvious support from the President,
the military was rejuvenated, the antithesis of decimated, when Reagan was
elected following the debacle of the "hollow force" created under Ford and
Carter in the 1970s. So the entire underpinning of your argument is wrong.

I would also disagree that the service academies are run like a "typical"
public university. Have you ever been to one during the school year?There
have been mistakes made recently and through investigations and punishment
have/has been and should be, as the situation unfolds, meted out. Also,
your "sky is falling" statements show you have no historical perspective.
The academies go through periodic "scandals" (I remember them from the
1950's up to today) that are due to their atypically high moral/ethical
standards compared to other universities. I understand the severity of rape
when compared to cheating and lying. The USAF will properly deal with the
problem just as the Army and Navy have properly dealt with sexual
harassment/rape episodes at their academies.

Finally, your last statement shows you to be woefully stupid. God help your
organization with thinking like that. Actually, since the students are
Americans, you probably wouldn't want to hire any Americans. I mean to say,
the few taints the many in your argument, therefore no kid can be trusted if
a few kids screw up. Brilliant thinking.

Jim Baker
ROTC Graduate

Well said and long needed saying.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 31st 03, 07:01 PM
Joey Bishop

"ArtKramr" wrote

WOW ! You are a real hero dumbo. Lewis and Clark is no Harvard or even close.

Dear Fluffy:

I see you get an erection for Harvard boys. I wasn't born into wealth, so
I got my degree from another source. I'm proud of both my degree, and the
college. I have never once compared my education to Harvard, so I don't
know why you bring that up, unless it's for the sexual matters discussed above.

Old August 31st 03, 08:54 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , ArtKramr
writes
All my CO's in WW II were West Pointers, brave well trained leaders. I am glad
we had them and not you in spite of your awe inspiring credentials. (yawn)

Flipping it around, one of the worst officers I knew was a regular who
had done all his studying at Sandhurst, while a couple of the best field
leaders I served under were UOTC graduates.

Judge the leader, not where he got his degree. (You have to salute the
uniform anyway).

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill

Old September 1st 03, 12:10 AM
ArtKramr

From: Mike Marron OSPAM
Date: 8/31/03 4:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time
(ArtKramr) wrote:
Mike Marron wrote:

No, what's nonsensical/illogical is the notion that women should
have it both ways. If a tiny nation such as Israel which is constantly
fighting to protect itself, doesn't use women in combat, the only
reason the U.S. has women filling combat positions in airplanes is
to fulfill equal opportunity mandates as prescribed by politicians.

Then there was that memorable morning at Stansted. We were socked in.

Mission
cancelled. Ceiling not zero, but damned near zero. Suddenly we heard the
unmistakeable sound of twin R-2800's overhead, Men rushed out to light the
firepots to burn off some of the fog. Then we saw it, A B-26 on final

coming
in down and dirty, smooth as glass. It kissed the runway with hardly a

squeal
and braked to a stop. Out climbed a slip of a girl, a WAAF ferry pilot
delivering a replacement B-26 to us. She had more hours than most of our
pilots. And she was amazing.

So, what's your point? That women are fine aviators? Ancient news.

Don't ever tell me women can't fly

Huh? I've trained women pilots to fly, have YOU?

or give me that "political" crap.

Is that the best argument for women in combat you can come up with?

The question now is will you ever be half the pilot she
was?

C'mon down to Tampa and I'd be more than happy to take you up...

-Mike (might wanna bring along an extra pair of underwear) Marron

Bragging again?. (sigh)