Kill File Bertie

Old April 10th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Kill File Bertie

Skylune wrote in
:

On Apr 1, 5:54*pm, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:

On 2008-04-01, Ross wrote:
I just created my first kill file for anything from "bertie". My
in basket is so small now. While I think he is quite knowledgeable
in aviation, it is the personality and attitude that is
disturbing.

Yeah. I'm sure I could learn quite a bit from him, if I could just
find

way to exclude the trolling and content free argumentation.

The other 98.5%.

His aviation knowledge is historical - he's an old geezer who, sadly,
can'

get used to retirement.

Do a Google search in the newsgroup areas for his tag.

Maybe he is one of the pilots downsized. Interesting article today in
the NY Times about declining pay for pilots. Personally, I think he
is entertaining, though repetitive and extremely arrogant.

Downsized? Moi? Never.

Bertie
Old April 2nd 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

On Apr 1, 4:31 pm, Jay Maynard wrote:

Yeah. I'm sure I could learn quite a bit from him, if I could just find a
way to exclude the trolling and content free argumentation.

Exclude the trolling and content free argumentation and there's
nothing left. You might as well killfile him.
Old April 2nd 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Exclude the trolling and content free argumentation and there's
nothing left. You might as well killfile him.

I killfiled Bertie January 1, 2008 -- and it was one of the best things I've
ever done on Usenet. Instantly, with three keystrokes, rec.aviation became
a pleasant place to visit once again, with enjoyable threads that are
completely devoid of profane three-word responses.

He's still the only person I've ever had to killfile, and I truly regret
having to do it -- but I highly recommend it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 2nd 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in
newsVMIj.102657$yE1.14258@attbi_s21:

Exclude the trolling and content free argumentation and there's
nothing left. You might as well killfile him.

I killfiled Bertie January 1, 2008 -- and it was one of the best
things I've ever done on Usenet. Instantly, with three keystrokes,
rec.aviation became a pleasant place to visit once again,

Well, you still have to live with yourself. That can't be much fun.

with
enjoyable threads that are completely devoid of profane three-word

He's still the only person I've ever had to killfile, and I truly
regret having to do it -- but I highly recommend it.

You don't regret having to do it, you lying piece of ****.

Do you ever say anything genuine?

Ever?

Bertie

Old April 2nd 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

On Apr 2, 9:44 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote innewsVMIj.102657$yE1.14258@attbi_s21:

Exclude the trolling and content free argumentation and there's
nothing left. You might as well killfile him.

I killfiled Bertie January 1, 2008 -- and it was one of the best
things I've ever done on Usenet. Instantly, with three keystrokes,
rec.aviation became a pleasant place to visit once again,

Well, you still have to live with yourself. That can't be much fun.

with

enjoyable threads that are completely devoid of profane three-word

He's still the only person I've ever had to killfile, and I truly
regret having to do it -- but I highly recommend it.

You don't regret having to do it, you lying piece of ****.

Do you ever say anything genuine?

Ever?

Bertie

You are one dim bulb. He's killfiled you. That means he's not going
to see the questions you're directing to him.
Old April 2nd 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Apr 2, 10:40 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

I killfiled Bertie January 1, 2008 -- and it was one of the best things I've
ever done on Usenet. Instantly, with three keystrokes, rec.aviation became
a pleasant place to visit once again, with enjoyable threads that are
completely devoid of profane three-word responses.

He's still the only person I've ever had to killfile, and I truly regret
having to do it -- but I highly recommend it.

That's ridiculous.

If you disagree with someone, either offer a contrary argument or
agree to disagree.

If you check the records you'll find I've had my share of disagreement
with several on here, including you, Jay.

Obviously usenet isn't going to change your mind. But, you may be
forced to re-think your positions.

I think Bertie and Dan Luke and I disagree on just about everything --
except I've yet to disagree on any issue of aviation and piloting.

You know why?

There are fundamental underpinnings to aviation that are immutable --
stick to those and you'll do well.

The funny thing is -- I probably agree with you on more things than
you realize -- global warming, Iraq war, etc.

Yet you don't acquit yourself well in those arguments, You spout off
on a topic, are contradicted, and then spend 1,000 posts explaining
how there's no way you can be wrong, or try to deflect with a turn of
phrase.

When bertie replies with "bull****" I figure he's made up his mind --
fine.

fakeflyboy is simply a mendacious poser who proffers to be what he is
not -- a pilot, former LRRP, and expert in every endeavor known to
man. He's useless, because he adds nothing of value to any
conversation.

You, however, should be able to add value to the conversation known as
rec.aviation, as you are an experienced pilot, and you clearly love
flying.

Welcome to the club, but consider a dose of humility and teach-
ability.

It will go a long way.

Dan Mc

Old April 2nd 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in
:

[...]

Not possible. He;s a dickhead and always wil be.

And he's still my favorite toy.

Bertie
Old April 2nd 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Apr 1, 11:01*am, Ross wrote:
I just created my first kill file for anything from "bertie". My in
basket is so small now. While I think he is quite knowledgeable in
aviation, it is the personality and attitude that is disturbing.
--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

The problem isn't Bertie. The problem is the few people who want to
turn this group into a online version of the middle school cool kids
lunch table that they never had the chance to sit at. It just so
happens that Bertie is leading the charge.

About Bertie Eeyore[_2_] Piloting 50 January 26th 08 08:04 AM
For Bertie Dudley Henriques[_2_] Piloting 58 October 7th 07 06:10 PM
is Bertie BWB? oilsardine[_2_] Piloting 4 May 29th 07 09:16 PM
My kill file is getting full of cooks and trolls Michael Baldwin, Bruce Products 31 December 1st 06 07:11 AM