Wings over Sweden promotion with Sarah Kelly Arnold

Old February 14th 13, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Wings over Sweden promotion with Sarah Kelly Arnold

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:22:51 AM UTC-7, Sean F (F2) wrote:
I would love to see more promotion of the sport. Funny how, for example, the SSA does not have so much as a YouTube channel. Amazing really.

Does, but we need content and development.
Old February 14th 13, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:55:36 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:22:51 AM UTC-7, Sean F (F2) wrote:

I would love to see more promotion of the sport. Funny how, for example, the SSA does not have so much as a YouTube channel. Amazing really.

Does, but we need content and development.

That is, it's SSA, but not so titled.
Old February 15th 13, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Have never been asked formally, but would be happy to help if this happened formally. Many SSA members have developed great video content. Other content can be developed or at least captured more consistently because of course we all know how important video is to a sport like soaring and an organization such as the SSA... Control is not a real problem in my opinion. Developing topic based SSA Youtube playlists for example are suitable. Utilizing tagging is also a great way of managing search and relationships between the content.

The great thing about youtube is its free, it has great control-ability. The key is that "net new" future US sailplane pilot target audience "resides" there. Like it or not. There is no current SSA promotional vehicle much outside of its membership itself. We need to greatly expand the reach of our sport and organization cheaply and effectively. The SSA is trying but working hard and, perhaps, not working as smart as it could be......

Pictures are great but video is worth 10,000,000 pictures. Consider that there should be new video's featured every day on an SSA Facebook page (can have multiple for various topics, racing, instruction, cross country, women, etc), Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, etc. This is where the kids are. This is where young people get inspired and learn about there interests.. They dont waste time on static websites. They expect exciting, changing content.

I would be happy to assist if asked. It would be alot of fun to organize a professional social marketing plan for a great sport and the SSA. It needs it. Badly.

For example, the various presentations (such as the Chicago event this weekend) should all be recorded and posted. This needs to become standard operation procedure to the best of our abilities. You would grow interest (AND RETAIN INTEREST) ten fold...almost immediately.

We have so much great content in our SSA group. We just need to serve it up consistently, promote it and leverage it to achieve our goals...

Sean
F2

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:22:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:22:51 AM UTC-5, Sean F (F2) wrote:

I would love to see more promotion of the sport. Funny how, for example, the SSA does not have so much as a YouTube channel. Amazing really.

This sounds like an excellent opportunity for you to get involved and make a valuable contribution.

Talk to Bill and see how you might bring the benefit of your expertise to this.

UH

Old February 15th 13, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:18:40 PM UTC-7, Sean F (F2) wrote:
[...]

Left you a voice message.

Frank Whiteley

Congratulations to Sarah Kelly-Arnold at USA Sports Class Nationals Tim Taylor Soaring 4 May 13th 11 01:35 PM
IVAW - Tim Arnold Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. Naval Aviation 0 November 10th 09 11:24 AM
Free Spot tracker promotion Ed Winchester[_2_] Soaring 2 March 20th 09 02:09 AM
Les Arnold-RIP Stewart Kissel Soaring 0 March 31st 05 03:16 AM
Arnold Senterfitt RIP Don Tuite Piloting 1 March 1st 04 02:35 PM