L-23 Wingtip Extensions For Sale

Old February 24th 12, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Watson

Default L-23 Wingtip Extensions For Sale

Tidewater Soaring Society is selling a set of wingtip extensions for
an L-23. Wing span is increased from 16.2 to 18.2 meters (53.1' to
59.7'). Performance is increased to 32:1, with sink speed 0.82 meters
per second (161 fpm) The eighteen-meter Blanik retains the excellent
handling properties of the standard Super Blanik, and performs better
in the 65 to 100 km per hour (35 to 54 kts) Price $800. Contact Tom
Watson 804-320-4527.

Old February 25th 12, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

If I remember correctly, not all SuperBlaniks are rated for use with the
wingtip extensions. When our club bought a SuperBlanik many years ago, the
wingtips were not yet approved and our SuperBlanik could not use them when
they became available. But I imagine that the majority of SuperBlaniks can
use them.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Old March 4th 12, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bill palmer

They are pictured he
http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=209