alternate engine in Falco

Old June 29th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Michael Henry[_2_]

Default alternate engine in Falco

Have you looked at the Furio?

http://www.falcomposite.com/
Old June 30th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jonny[_2_]

On Jun 29, 9:06*am, Michael Henry
wrote:
Have you looked at the Furio?

http://www.falcomposite.com/

Nice. I will keep an eye on these guys.

My initial plan was to get a Jabiru built quickly so I could fly it
while I spend years building a timber Falco, but perhaps I can do
things differently...
Old June 30th 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

wrote:

Have you looked at the Furio?

http://www.falcomposite.com/

Nice. I will keep an eye on these guys.

My initial plan was to get a Jabiru built quickly so I could fly it
while I spend years building a timber Falco, but perhaps I can do
things differently...

Thats gotta cost.
Lou
Old June 30th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jonny[_2_]

wrote:

Have you looked at the Furio?

http://www.falcomposite.com/

Nice. I will keep an eye on these guys.

My initial plan was to get a Jabiru built quickly so I could fly it
while I spend years building a timber Falco, but perhaps I can do
things differently...

Thats gotta cost.
* Lou

Well, a timber Falco was going to cost a lot of time. I'm a ex-
highschool woodwork teacher, so I can purchase the minimum of parts
from Sequoia.

A well built Jabiru will sell later when I need the $ to finish the
Falco.

However, just going straight to a composite Falco (the Furio) might be
quicker and cheaper all round.
Old June 30th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Jun 27, 7:03 am, "Morgans" wrote:
I think the Falco probably is designed with the tail areas at close to
minimum areas to maximize performance. If there is area added in front of
the center of pressure, and not compensated with changes behind the center,
you will definitely become a test pilot in another critical way.

The engine in my Jodel is 11" further forward than blueprinted
to get the balance where it was supposed to be, so the cowling is a
long one. No changes were made to the tail, and the airplane hunts
around laterally in rugh air, and when I want to sideslip, the
airplane is eager to impress me with how far sideways it can go. Drops
like a rock. The translated blueprints changes a bunch of stuff, like
going from mahogany ply to birch, adding a tailwheel insterad of a
skid, covering plywood areas with fabric, and so on. It all adds up to
a heavier airplane and most of that weight is behind the CG. Many
Jodel builders had the same problem.

Dan

Old July 1st 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

On Jun 28, 6:06*pm, Michael Henry
wrote:

http://www.falcomposite.com/

Oh my gosh! The Exploding Plastic Inevitable is here!

Beautiful Falco djm00 Aviation Photos 0 May 13th 08 10:18 PM
Falco - Kit plane or Plans-built? Rich S. Home Built 23 August 19th 05 06:02 AM
Alternate requirements Anthony Chambers Instrument Flight Rules 8 September 17th 03 09:45 PM