Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Old January 5th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
I don't know about a name, but the Oshkosh suite MUST have an authentic
porta-potty enclosing the toilet, but I won't go so far as to demand an
actual porta-potty in place of the toilet.

Or just a porta-potty door as facing on the real bathroon door.

Old January 5th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Not a lot of "Gopher" planes out there

Badgers either.

There are plenty of Twins out there, though.

Montblack

Old January 5th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I kinda like a "Jet Set" suite, going back to a period of aviation
during the 60's and 70's were gettting on a plane really meant
something. Image art-deco, TWA, "Catch me if you can" sort of thing.
Would have broad appeal, be more recent than 40's aviation, and still
meet the requirement of a aviation theme.

Alternatively, a 'tower' suite would be cool if you could some how
recreate a control tower in the room, starting with the narrow stairs
up to the suite. Beacons, shrimp boats, radar displays, whatever.

Brad

Old January 5th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Blanche" wrote)
Or just a porta-potty door as facing on the real bathroon door.

....also:

Indoor/outdoor carpeting.
Shower has a kitchen sprayer attached to some plastic tubing.
Bed has a wing over it - with strut bracing to the wall.
'Always on' TV airpane images turn off automatically at 8 pm.
No fridge - just a couple of coolers.
"World's Busiest Aviation Suite" banner out on the balcony.
Sprinkler system sometimes goes off at night.

Montblack
Old January 5th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Ideally, the suite would honor a well-known era or aspect of aviation.

Mile High Suite
Old January 5th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Montblack"
Indoor/outdoor carpeting.
Shower has a kitchen sprayer attached to some plastic tubing.
Bed has a wing over it - with strut bracing to the wall.
'Always on' TV airpane images turn off automatically at 8 pm.
No fridge - just a couple of coolers.
"World's Busiest Aviation Suite" banner out on the balcony.
Sprinkler system sometimes goes off at night.

Free party every Wednesday night
Shopping cart parked next to a tree in front for exclusive use of that
suites guests
Daylight 'til Dark Air Sounds CD playing in the background as a recording of
those air show announcers plays over the top of it. (complimentary ear
plugs)
Zog food delivered to the suite (hmmm scratch that one)
Wild gyrations of the heating/AC system

Dunno.... this suite may not go over with any but the most addicted.

Jim

Old January 5th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

ktbr wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

Ideally, the suite would honor a well-known era or aspect of aviation.

Mile High Suite

ooops I should have read ALL of the previous posts first. I'm bored.
Old January 5th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free
night in "their" suite, upon completion. Here are the rules:

Republic Suite
North Central Suite
Pan-Am Suite

Generic "Airline Suite"

Isn't there some kind of historic hanger or something at the airport that
has something to do with some now defunct airline that flew in/out there?
Name it after that airline. Connect the Hotel to the "historic" aspect of
the airport that it's next to.

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com

Old January 5th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The Thrust'n'Drag Suite

The Stall'n'Spin Suite

-- CD

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
> [...]
So we FINALLY finished the new "Piper Cub Suite" yesterday (some of that
artwork has been in our dining room for over three years!) at our aviation
theme suite hotel, and we're embarking on our last two aviation theme
suites, the "Apollo Suite" and the "Oshkosh Suite" -- both which have been
in the works for over two years.

However, since we created the "Cub Suite" by chopping one of our 2-story
townhouse suites in half (by walling off the stairs), we suddenly find
ourselves with an "extra" suite to name!

Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free
night in "their" suite, upon completion. Here are the rules:

1. The name must roll off the tongue, and be no longer than four words.
(I.E.: "The Charles Lindbergh Suite")
2. No aviation disasters, please. (No "Hindenburg Suite", please...)
3. Nothing potentially offensive or double-meaning (No "Bong Suite" or
"Hellcat Suite"...)
4. Combat-related names are iffy, unless they "sound pretty" to the
uninformed.

For example, our "Memphis Belle Suite" sounds "pretty" to folks who have
no idea who Bob Morgan was, and our "Mustang Suite" sounds kinda racy,
even to those who have NO idea what a P-51 is... We must be careful to
appeal to the NON-flying crowd, too, which eliminates a lot of great
names.

Ideally, the suite would honor a well-known era or aspect of aviation.
Look here to see which names are already in use:
http://alexisparkinn.com/theme_suites.htm

Good luck!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 5th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

[...]

Ideally, the suite would honor a well-known era or aspect of aviation. Look
here to see which names are already in use:
http://alexisparkinn.com/theme_suites.htm

Good luck!

Well, I'm late to the game on this one, but I didn't see this suggestion
in a quick review of the other "submissions."

I realize that this is also associated with a disaster, which probably
rules it out, however, I like the "Concorde Suite."

I always loved the look of this airplane and it was, is, and possibly
always will be the only commercially successful SST. It would be great
to see it memorialized at the Honeck resort.

And almost everyone, even non-aviation types, knew of the Concorde.

Matt

Trying to Fly AliR Piloting 33 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 April 10th 05 10:33 PM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Home Built 0 April 10th 05 10:29 PM
General Aviation Legal Defense Fund Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 May 11th 04 10:43 PM