Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Old January 6th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Jay Honeck wrote:
Gene Roddenbery was a heck of a good pilot.

FASCINATING (as Spock would say) story, Richard. Thanks for sharing it.

What was Roddenberry called again? That "Great Bird in the Sky" -- or
something to that effect?

Merely "The Great Bird".

However a number of Trek actors are pilots, including Dorn and Nimoy.
IIRC Dorn is qualified to fly jets -- there's a clause in his
Trek contracts that restricts him from flying while shooting the
films.

And remember the complete name of NASA -- National Aeronatics and Space
Administration.

Old January 6th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Blanche" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
Gene Roddenbery was a heck of a good pilot.

FASCINATING (as Spock would say) story, Richard. Thanks for sharing it.

What was Roddenberry called again? That "Great Bird in the Sky" -- or
something to that effect?

Merely "The Great Bird".

However a number of Trek actors are pilots, including Dorn and Nimoy.
IIRC Dorn is qualified to fly jets -- there's a clause in his
Trek contracts that restricts him from flying while shooting the
films.

I believe Dorn either owns or has access to a F86 Sabre and a JetStar as
well (or maybe it was a Sabreliner...don't recall.)

Jay B

Old January 6th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" posted the exciting message

The Thrust'n'Drag Suite

Ha! That would go over big in a college town....

I don't think it'll get past the "Mary Test", however....

;-)

The Power Curve
Old January 6th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
....we want the Apollo Suite to have a hot tub in it.

Long story short -- it's up next, and it's going to be a hot tub suite!]

"We have splashdown!"

Montblack
Front desk, do you have a role of dimes available? Yes, and a Navy diver.
Sure, a snorkel is fine.

Old January 6th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free night
in "their" suite, upon completion. Here are the rules:

Jay -
Two ideas:

1. Business Class Suite. Items for the room: LH (lufthansa) sells C
(business class) seats. I'm sure you can get some from old airlines
around. The seats are usually comfortable too with foot rests and
tray tables, and power ports. Bathroom is made to
look like a lavatory on a plane. Sounds good for the business traveller
too. Whenever someone gets the room they are automatically upgraded
to business class. You should at least include pretzels and nuts and
maybe a pre-departure drink. To get the front desk, they can push
the flight attendant call button. Telephone is in the arm rest.
For people who stay often get frequent flier miles instead of points.

2. Cockpit suite. The desk is like a cockpit. Lights are controlled
via the usual landing lights, position lights, instrument lights.
Telephone is a headset. Bathroom again is like lavatory. And I think
you said it was a smallish room just like a cockpit.

Gerald Sylvester
Old January 6th 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

and rent it by the (Hobbs) hour.

Yes, we're now an upstanding establishment, where the sex is at least 21
hours in duration...

That's definitely a long haul flight. As long as it ends by 'greasing
her in there.'

Gerald
Old January 6th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

GS wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free
night in "their" suite, upon completion. Here are the rules:

Jay -
Two ideas:

1. Business Class Suite.

or first class suite of course

Concorde Suite with express checkout.

I think you said it was a small room. How about "Mock Suite" but
spelled "mach suite." ;-)

Gerald
Old January 6th 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sorry missed that you had a "Mustang Suite". How about a them for the old
PBY. Dont what you'd call it. Something like P-Boat Room would be fitting.

--
John Huthmaker
PPL-SEL P-28-161

http://www.cogentnetworking.com
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
So we FINALLY finished the new "Piper Cub Suite" yesterday (some of that
artwork has been in our dining room for over three years!) at our aviation
theme suite hotel, and we're embarking on our last two aviation theme
suites, the "Apollo Suite" and the "Oshkosh Suite" -- both which have been
in the works for over two years.

However, since we created the "Cub Suite" by chopping one of our 2-story
townhouse suites in half (by walling off the stairs), we suddenly find
ourselves with an "extra" suite to name!

Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free
night in "their" suite, upon completion. Here are the rules:

1. The name must roll off the tongue, and be no longer than four words.
(I.E.: "The Charles Lindbergh Suite")
2. No aviation disasters, please. (No "Hindenburg Suite", please...)
3. Nothing potentially offensive or double-meaning (No "Bong Suite" or
"Hellcat Suite"...)
4. Combat-related names are iffy, unless they "sound pretty" to the
uninformed.

For example, our "Memphis Belle Suite" sounds "pretty" to folks who have
no idea who Bob Morgan was, and our "Mustang Suite" sounds kinda racy,
even to those who have NO idea what a P-51 is... We must be careful to
appeal to the NON-flying crowd, too, which eliminates a lot of great
names.

Ideally, the suite would honor a well-known era or aspect of aviation.
Look here to see which names are already in use:
http://alexisparkinn.com/theme_suites.htm

Good luck!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 6th 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 01:52:47 GMT, GS wrote:

Mile High Suite :^)

and rent it by the (Hobbs) hour.

and if you're "going" slow you can "fly" it longer? :-)

Gerald

#m
--
If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh?
If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
Old January 6th 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

John Huthmaker wrote:
Sorry missed that you had a "Mustang Suite". How about a them for the old
PBY. Dont what you'd call it. Something like P-Boat Room would be fitting.

Catalina Suite?

The Monk

Trying to Fly AliR Piloting 33 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 April 10th 05 10:33 PM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Home Built 0 April 10th 05 10:29 PM
General Aviation Legal Defense Fund Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 May 11th 04 10:43 PM