engine monitors

Old December 27th 04, 07:18 PM
Dan Luke

"Rosspilot" wrote:
EDM 700 works great for me. Just upgraded it with fuel flow - very nice.

How does the "fuel flow" option work? Where is the sensor and what does it
measure?

It's a paddle wheel-type transducer that is cut into a fuel line. It measures
actual gallons per hour.

I bought that option on my EDM 700 and I'm glad I did. It is quite accurate;
if it says I've burned 40 gallons, the pump will say 39 when I top off, a
2.5% error. The unit has a software "K factor" I could change to tune that
out, but since it errs on the "safe" side I haven't bothered. I'm blessed
with one of the few Cessnas that have accurate fuel gauges, so I'm able to
cross check them with the EDM 700 and vice versa.

The fuel flow reading is also a useful leaning tool. I know the fuel flows
for my typical altitudes and power settings, so there's no hunting around
with the mixture control when I level off in cruise.

The EDM 700 is also RS-232 interfaced to my B/K GPS, so I get nmpg, range,
endurance, etc. on both units--very cool.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old January 1st 05, 03:13 PM
Maik

I think this is just a rumo and nothing else.

If you have to choose a moitor: EDM rules!

I got the EDM 700 with FF - GREAT and very good service from JPI

Maik
80j

No Spam wrote:
Although I'd probably pick them, I just heard that EDM changed their data
download format to restrict its usage to only their proprietary software.
They wanted to keep one from using others, such as "EGT Trends".

Anybody else heard that or know why?

EDM 700.
You can download the data after each flight and plot it using a spreadsheet.