The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

Old November 27th 12, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_13_]

Default The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:55:17 PM UTC-8, Naviter Info wrote:
Did Nano create an IGC file or did Oudie create one? please send such file to support at naviter dot com - it must be an easy settings fix. Or even just a matter of a firmware upgrade on any or all devices. Regards, Andrej Kolar -- glider pilots use http://www.Naviter.com On Monday, November 26, 2012 3:10:58 AM UTC+1, Dan wrote: I'm flying with a V7/Nano/Oudie combination, I was wondering if anyone else had problems with this setup making Igc files when the set up is turned on and then off with out moving the plane. Dan

Andrej,
It was the Oudie that created the file. All devices are running the latest firmware.
If you don't recall I sent you a file back in March of this year, to which
you responded "this will take some time". I waited 3 months, and sent a follow
up email to check on progress, to which you responded," please send me a file"
which I did. Then I was told this would not be addressed until sometime next year.
(I'm not holding my breath)
Regards,Dan
Old November 27th 12, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Looking for a wiring diagram for the LXNAV V7 to Oudie cable. I tried following the diagrams in the V7 manual but did not have success even using a proto board to try different configurations.. The offical cable I have has five wires rather than the four that the diagrams show. I would like to build cables for a pass through connection in the panel.
Old November 27th 12, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Monday, November 26, 2012 8:20:56 PM UTC-8, Tim Taylor wrote:
Looking for a wiring diagram for the LXNAV V7 to Oudie cable. I tried following the diagrams in the V7 manual but did not have success even using a proto board to try different configurations.. The offical cable I have has five wires rather than the four that the diagrams show. I would like to build cables for a pass through connection in the panel.

Check your email for the cable drawing.

Don't get dyslexia you may brick the stuff.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old February 23rd 14, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Help please!

I am unsuccessful at updating my V7 with the latest 3.02 software. (I did successfully upgrade to v2.02 two years ago). I am trying to update with my PNA Vertica V2. Part of the problem is that I am not sure which COM port to select from the PNA V2. Here's the combination of errors that I get:

COM1: "Load" message appears, but the "Discovery" message does not. I then get this error window pop up: "Update failed, error code = -5"

COM2 or COM3: Load message appears, Discovery then starts but after 5 seconds, error window message: "Update failed, error code = -10"

COM 4: Load message appears, Discovery then starts but stays stuck. When I eventually hit "cancel" on the PNA, the error message is: "Update failed, error code = -21" shows up.

Additional info:
- The baud rate is set at 115200 on both the V7 and the PNA (I have been forewarned about using anything else so I always triple check)
- The LXNav "PNA Update tool" and firmware are the latest versions from the LX website

What I am screwing up?

Thanks,

Old February 23rd 14, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 11:28:10 PM UTC-6, Bastoune wrote:
[...]

Bastoune-

your v2 needs to use COM7 for the PNA update tool to talk to the v7 and that is not available from the pulldown. You will need to bring up a keyboard on your v2 and type in COM7 and I think it will work - at least it does from my Avier.

Mike O.
Old February 23rd 14, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:04:39 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Has anyone accomplished this update with a MIO? I have my MIO connected to the V7 via the Glider Tools cable but have not attempted a firmware update via this connection.

Lane
Old February 23rd 14, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Mike 0! This was the tip that I needed! Switching to COM7 manually did the trick. The installation when smooth as butter after that! Thanks!

Lane - Your MIO will work just fine as long as you select the correct COM port (!). I had used a MIO a year ago to upgrade my V7.

Old February 23rd 14, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

What is the difference between V7 and V7D? I did not find an answer on the LXNav website.
Old February 23rd 14, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Startup[_2_]

Default The

At 19:56 23 February 2014, son_of_flubber wrote:
What is the difference between V7 and V7D? I did not find an answer on

the
LXNav website.

V7D is the repeater for a 2 seat glider.

Old February 23rd 14, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:51:35 AM UTC-5, Bastoune wrote:
Mike 0! This was the tip that I needed! Switching to COM7 manually did the trick. The installation when smooth as butter after that! Thanks!

Lane - Your MIO will work just fine as long as you select the correct COM port (!). I had used a MIO a year ago to upgrade my V7.

Bastoune,

I assume I put the update utility and update file in the primary file directory? Do I create a folder for them or just place them separately in the the primary file structure? Any chance you remember the correct com? I suppose I can start with the com setting I currently have that is communicating with the V7 from the MIO.

Lane

LXNAV V7 - Reviews? David Reitter Soaring 10 October 21st 14 12:41 AM
New LXNAV LX9000 Overview Video Paul Remde Soaring 0 April 21st 12 01:33 AM
LXNAV V7 Paul Remde Soaring 2 November 2nd 11 01:31 AM
LXNAV Nano and LX 9000 Overview Videos Available Paul Remde Soaring 3 February 28th 11 02:58 PM
HELP! Need offical Blanik L-13 Canopy Strap John Scott Soaring 4 March 3rd 08 06:03 AM