Again!

Old August 16th 18, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Again!

The FAA has just informed us that northern NJ will once again be blessed with the weekend golfing presence of President Trump. Lucky us. This means that for the last eight weekends, we have had ONE weekend when we were allowed to fly. Last year Trump's favored golf club in Florida opened for the season on Halloween. If that pattern holds, we've got two more whole months of this. I honestly don't see how the glider FBOs (two of them in the restricted zone) can survive. And there are a lot more powered flight training and rental operations. 34 airports are affected by the TFRs. Leaving out a few places like Newark, Laguardia, and JFK, that still leaves a lot of businesses hurting bigly.

Jim Beckman
Old August 16th 18, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I know, I updated your other thread last night.......

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...ng/Dlqb97s6cxA
Old August 16th 18, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Thump completely screwed up flying in the UK around the SE when he visited.
And we didn't even want him to come He insulted our PM and our Queen, then
buggered off to his golf plantation in Scotland where he isn't welcome
either. huh!

Old August 16th 18, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Brexit off, White
Old August 16th 18, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

And the rest of you, quit your whining. Figure out something, adapt. You got 6 more years+.
The Secret Service calls the shots, not Trump. You glide, he golfs. Get on with it or move in with White.
Knuckleheads.

Old August 16th 18, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 3:12:01 PM UTC-4, Retting wrote:
And the rest of you, quit your whining.

Hey, the right to **** and moan is unalienable. It's right there
in the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights, or somewhere. Maybe
it has something to do with the business about redress of grievances.
So hey, we've got some grievances here!

Anyway, I don't think any President has spent so much time on
vacation since Calvin Coolidge.

Jim Beckman
Old August 16th 18, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
flgliderpilot[_2_]

Anyway, I don't think any President has spent so much time on
vacation since Calvin Coolidge.

Jim Beckman

I didn't realize weekends were vacation time.

You work every weekend?
Old August 16th 18, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Soooo.....I'm going to have dinner soon, so, would I be whining and dining?
;-)
Old August 16th 18, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Obummer was out here in Kalifornia with his nose up everyone’s butts more than I care to speek too!
Old August 16th 18, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thank you, Charlie, for adding a little chuckle to this bitching thread.

My gripe is about all the TFRs out west due to wild fires.Â* The
visibility absolutely sucks, only about 40 miles.Â* How can any body fly
through such muck? :-D

--
Dan, 5J