Sturmovik!

Old September 19th 12, 08:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default Sturmovik!

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:46:51 +0100, ŽiŠardo wrote:

On 18/09/2012 06:59, Bob (not my real pseudonym) wrote:
These photos are from the public debut last Saturday of the Flying
Heritage Collection's Il-2M3 - the only flying example of the
Sturmovik in the world. It is powered by an Allison V1710 from a
P-38.

http://www.flyingheritage.com/Templa...x?contentId=96

It flew with the FHC's P-47D.

Bob ^,,^

Thank you Bob. Superb stuff!

You are quite welcome. See? I really ~can~ get my act together once
a year or so to post some images...
Old September 19th 12, 08:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:12:01 -0400, "Indrek" no
wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
.. .

These photos are from the public debut last Saturday of the Flying
Heritage Collection's Il-2M3 - the only flying example of the
Sturmovik in the world. It is powered by an Allison V1710 from a
P-38.

http://www.flyingheritage.com/Templa...x?contentId=96

It flew with the FHC's P-47D.

Bob ^,,^

Excellent photos. This is not something one sees every day.

Thanks! The plan is for FHC to fly it again on Sept 29th. Hoping to
be there...
Old September 19th 12, 09:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:40:38 +0930, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

Outstanding. That plane's got to be as rare as rocking horse poop.

When I was a kid, I thought I was rich - until I found out it was just
the cat crapping under my rocking horse.

You can tell the difference, cat crap isn't crunchy.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old September 20th 12, 10:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

wrote:

Outstanding. That plane's got to be as rare as rocking horse poop.

When I was a kid, I thought I was rich - until I found out it was just
the cat crapping under my rocking horse.

You can tell the difference, cat crap isn't crunchy.

Well, not for the first few days, anyway...

'course, the dog thinks the litterbox is God's unending gift of almond
roca.
Old September 20th 12, 11:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:11:17 +0930, "Dave Kearton"

You can tell the difference, cat crap isn't crunchy.

Well, not for the first few days, anyway...

'course, the dog thinks the litterbox is God's unending gift of almond
roca.

I know.....what's that all about ?

It was weeks before I realised that we never bought any chewy protein bars.

My wife thinks I'm an idiot......

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old September 21st 12, 08:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:59:18 +0930, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:11:17 +0930, "Dave Kearton"

You can tell the difference, cat crap isn't crunchy.

Well, not for the first few days, anyway...

'course, the dog thinks the litterbox is God's unending gift of almond
roca.

I know.....what's that all about ?

It was weeks before I realised that we never bought any chewy protein bars.

My wife thinks I'm an idiot......

A wise woman, she. ;^}
Old October 23rd 12, 02:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
clairbear

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in
:

wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
. ..

These photos are from the public debut last Saturday of the Flying
Heritage Collection's Il-2M3 - the only flying example of the
Sturmovik in the world. It is powered by an Allison V1710 from a
P-38.

http://www.flyingheritage.com/Templa...x?contentId=96

It flew with the FHC's P-47D.

Bob ^,,^

Excellent photos. This is not something one sees every day.

Thanks! The plan is for FHC to fly it again on Sept 29th. Hoping to
be there...

One question is it a real restoration or a reproduction?
Old October 23rd 12, 07:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message

These photos are from the public debut last Saturday of the Flying
Heritage Collection's Il-2M3 - the only flying example of the
Sturmovik in the world. It is powered by an Allison V1710 from a
P-38.

http://www.flyingheritage.com/Templa...x?contentId=96

It flew with the FHC's P-47D.

Bob ^,,^

Excellent photos. This is not something one sees every day.

Thanks! The plan is for FHC to fly it again on Sept 29th. Hoping to
be there...

One question is it a real restoration or a reproduction?

Restoration, using parts from several other recoveries. From the FHC
web site:
http://www.flyingheritage.com/Templa...x?contentId=96

"The FHC's Il-2 was constructed in Kuybyshev in mid-1943 and was
assigned to the 828th Attack Aviation Regiment on the lower Karelian
Front. On October 10, 1944, the plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire
while attacking an airfield and crashed near the Titovka River. The
plane was discovered in a nameless lake by searchers scouting the area
with a helicopter in 1991. When the recovery crew raised the Il-2 to
the surface, they found it still had its complement of rockets and
bombs under its wings. The plane was restored using parts from four
wrecks discovered in northwestern regions of the former Soviet Union.
Il-2 serial number 305401 makes up a large percentage of the
aircraft."