A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Airlines requirment in United States



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 9th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Monica2007
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Airlines requirment in United States

CAn some one tell me the requirement to be an airline pilot in united states.?

i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.
but i am still really confuse about the version part.
i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear glasses?

I am still 16 years. so do u know if there any chances i can improve my
version from 20/30 to 20/20 ?

And i want to know what is the require height. ?

Ads
  #2  
Old August 9th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
TheSmokingGnu
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 166
Default Airlines requirment in United States

Monica2007 wrote:
i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.


To fly for-hire, you'll need the commerical certificate and a
second-class medical. Only the ATP ticket requires the first-class, and
most airlines will want you to have the ATP before considering you
(although there are TONS of aviation jobs that only require a commercial
cert).

i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear glasses?


Yes, the only requirement is that your vision be correctable to 20/20.
Your medical certificate will indicate that you have to wear corrective
lenses while exercising its privileges.

I am still 16 years. so do u know if there any chances i can improve my
version from 20/30 to 20/20 ?


Depends on what ocular condition you've got. Most types of
nearsightedness and farsightedness can be corrected fairly easily with
LASIK surgery, and the techniques for astigmatism correction are
improving, too.

I'm not sure how the FAA deals with people who have had these surgeries;
whether they require a SODA or not.

And i want to know what is the require height. ?


There's no specific height requirement, and almost anyone should be able
to fit just fine.

TheSmokingGnu
  #3  
Old August 9th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,767
Default Airlines requirment in United States

On Aug 8, 4:48 pm, TheSmokingGnu
wrote:
Monica2007 wrote:
i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.


To fly for-hire, you'll need the commerical certificate and a
second-class medical. Only the ATP ticket requires the first-class, and
most airlines will want you to have the ATP before considering you
(although there are TONS of aviation jobs that only require a commercial
cert).

i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear glasses?


Yes, the only requirement is that your vision be correctable to 20/20.
Your medical certificate will indicate that you have to wear corrective
lenses while exercising its privileges.


I think you are referring to the FAA 1st class medical requirements.
The OP was asking about the airline's requirements.

-Robert, CFII

  #4  
Old August 9th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,767
Default Airlines requirment in United States

On Aug 8, 4:03 pm, "Monica2007" [email protected] wrote:
CAn some one tell me the requirement to be an airline pilot in united states.?

i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.
but i am still really confuse about the version part.
i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear glasses?

I am still 16 years. so do u know if there any chances i can improve my
version from 20/30 to 20/20 ?

And i want to know what is the require height. ?


The first requirement you will need to meet is a 4 year college
degree.

-Robert

  #5  
Old August 10th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Byrer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 75
Default Airlines requirment in United States

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:57:31 -0000, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Aug 8, 4:03 pm, "Monica2007" [email protected] wrote:
CAn some one tell me the requirement to be an airline pilot in united states.?

i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.
but i am still really confuse about the version part.
i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear glasses?

I am still 16 years. so do u know if there any chances i can improve my
version from 20/30 to 20/20 ?

And i want to know what is the require height. ?


The first requirement you will need to meet is a 4 year college
degree.

-Robert


No, the first thing would be to figure out what "version" is...

You'll need a much better command of the english language to be an
airline pilot. Even at 16...you should be there already.

--DB
Don Byrer KJ5KB
Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy
Glider & CFI wannabe
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"Watch out for those doves...smack-smack-smack-smack..."
  #6  
Old August 10th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
S Green
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 74
Default Airlines requirment in United States


"Monica2007" [email protected] wrote in message news:[email protected]
CAn some one tell me the requirement to be an airline pilot in united
states.?

i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.
but i am still really confuse about the version part.
i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear glasses?

I am still 16 years. so do u know if there any chances i can improve my
version from 20/30 to 20/20 ?

And i want to know what is the require height. ?

You also need to be able to communicate in English.


  #7  
Old August 11th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36
Default Airlines requirment in United States



S Green wrote:
"Monica2007" [email protected] wrote in message news:[email protected]

CAn some one tell me the requirement to be an airline pilot in united
states.?

i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.
but i am still really confuse about the version part.
i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear glasses?

I am still 16 years. so do u know if there any chances i can improve my
version from 20/30 to 20/20 ?

And i want to know what is the require height. ?


You also need to be able to communicate in English.


You need to remember that they do not teach spelling and English at
school anymore! To a young person everything can be reduced to 3 letters
as in a text (SMS) message! What is capitalisation? A teacher can not
correct spelling and grammar, as it will spoil a child's creativity.

Well that is the end of my rant for today!


James.
  #8  
Old August 11th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken Finney
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 190
Default Airlines requirment in United States


"James" wrote in message
...


S Green wrote:
"Monica2007" [email protected] wrote in message news:[email protected]

CAn some one tell me the requirement to be an airline pilot in united
states.?

i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.
but i am still really confuse about the version part.
i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the
version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear glasses?

I am still 16 years. so do u know if there any chances i can improve my
version from 20/30 to 20/20 ?

And i want to know what is the require height. ?


You also need to be able to communicate in English.

You need to remember that they do not teach spelling and English at school
anymore! To a young person everything can be reduced to 3 letters as in a
text (SMS) message! What is capitalisation? A teacher can not correct
spelling and grammar, as it will spoil a child's creativity.

Well that is the end of my rant for today!


Almost correct. They do teach "inventive spelling".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inventive_spelling



  #9  
Old August 11th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C6[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Airlines requirment in United States



Almost correct. They do teach "inventive spelling".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inventive_spelling





Ahhh, now 2 redew mi rzumay. I can gt mor wrds on th page.

C6
  #10  
Old August 11th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tom418
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 68
Default Airlines requirment in United States

There are other vision requirements. I had difficulty with the convergence
test (I took it first when I was 16, during a class II medical) where you're
asked to look at a scale and report where a pointer indicates (I believe
they call this exophorea or esophorea). I outgrew the condition, however,
and did get my 1 class and ATP.
"TheSmokingGnu" wrote in message
...
Monica2007 wrote:
i know i have to take the 1st class medical and have my commerical pilot
license.


To fly for-hire, you'll need the commerical certificate and a
second-class medical. Only the ATP ticket requires the first-class, and
most airlines will want you to have the ATP before considering you
(although there are TONS of aviation jobs that only require a commercial
cert).

i have version 20/30. If i have to wear to wear glasses to get the

version
20/20. can i still be an airline pilot ? can airlines pilot wear

glasses?

Yes, the only requirement is that your vision be correctable to 20/20.
Your medical certificate will indicate that you have to wear corrective
lenses while exercising its privileges.

I am still 16 years. so do u know if there any chances i can improve my
version from 20/30 to 20/20 ?


Depends on what ocular condition you've got. Most types of
nearsightedness and farsightedness can be corrected fairly easily with
LASIK surgery, and the techniques for astigmatism correction are
improving, too.

I'm not sure how the FAA deals with people who have had these surgeries;
whether they require a SODA or not.

And i want to know what is the require height. ?


There's no specific height requirement, and almost anyone should be able
to fit just fine.

TheSmokingGnu



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
United States information Joseph L. Hyde Soaring 13 March 23rd 05 10:22 PM
Desktop Wallpaper - "United States Navy '04". T. & D. Gregor, Sr. Simulators 1 October 5th 04 01:05 PM
The United States Bronze Star Registry Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 September 20th 04 01:52 AM
The United States Bronze Star Registry Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 20th 04 01:52 AM
The United States Bronze Star Registry Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 January 1st 04 06:46 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.