King Nav Head

Old March 31st 05, 10:02 PM
Montblack

("Mike in GR" wrote)
You haven't missed much, in my estimation. Its only redeeming virtue is
its proximity to the hole-in-the-fence.

Well, that and the worlds best Reuben.

Agreed. Best I've had. Sandwich was truly yummy. There might be a better
Reuben out there, I just haven't ordered it. Good price too - more yummy.

IIRC, the pitcher price wasn't bad either g
......glug glug glug

A light dinner isn't a bad option - then load up at the Hilton for
Breakfast-Fest. $8.50?

Montblack

Old April 1st 05, 05:49 AM
RST Engineering

Everybody who is at the annual meeting on Saturday morning of Oshkosh week
gets to vote. THere will be about 250-300 people there.

Then EAA votes its block of 50,000 proxies.

Guess who decides?

I'll just behave myself at the function(s) and perhaps this will be my lucky
year.

Jim

What's the process for getting you on the board, now that you are (I
presume) on the ballot? Who gets to vote? Should we be lobbying for you in
some way?

Dave

Old April 2nd 05, 02:38 AM
Jon A.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:49:45 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

Everybody who is at the annual meeting on Saturday morning of Oshkosh week
gets to vote. THere will be about 250-300 people there.

Then EAA votes its block of 50,000 proxies.

Guess who decides?

I'll just behave myself at the function(s) and perhaps this will be my lucky
year.

Jim

We're all pulling for you, but wouldn't this be nice, from this
morning's ANN E-rag:

Paul Poberezny Retakes Presidency of EAA

EAA Founder Paul
Poberezny surprised the aviation world with the announcement that
he has retaken the Presidency of EAA.

Leaving retirement, the Senior Poberezny cited "the renewed need
for basic grassroots support to see the Sport Pilot program through
to a proper conclusion, the experience I have with the true rank
and file of sport aviation, and the fact that I am bored out of
skull with retirement," for the reason that he sought and claimed
the Presidency once again.

Flanked by troops
comprised of some of the more militant members of the
Antique/Classic division and a smattering of warbird flyers,
Poberezny set upon EAA HQ shortly before the opening of business,
changed the locks, and let selected staff members through after
signing a loyalty pledge promising allegiance to the Association's
founder. Over the course of the day, a majority of staffers jumped
ship (minus a number of the marketing folks) and pledged
their loyalty to Paul, as well... leaving EAA running a "little
leaner and a lot less meaner" than before, according to Paul.

Former President Tom Poberezny was nowhere to be seen. Repeated
questions were met with silence until one unnamed spokesperson
noted that, "Tommy's been sent to his room..."

EAA Spokesman Dick Knapinski said the power transfer happened,
"...swiftly and with surprisingly little bloodshed." Knapinski also
noted that the Senior Poberezny is making big plans for a "new EAA"
that includes lower admission prices for the annual Oshkosh
airshow, a renewed emphasis on cost-effective and affordable
aviation, and strong support for the Sport Pilot initiative
regardless of who gets the credit for it, or who profits from
it.

Poberezny, in a short interview with ANN added that, "Aviation
is taking some hard knocks from the government, an unfriendly
media, and a world that has lost much of its fascination with
flight. We're going to get back to basics, we're going to support
the grassroots of aviation, and we'll grow slowly from there. If
aviation can rediscover its roots, maybe we can get the rest of the
world interested, again, in aviation."
FMI: www.grassroots-eaa.com

For the WHOLE story, go to
http://www.aero-news.net/news/sport....6-bef0bea03ea4