Lx NANO and Windows 7

Old March 28th 11, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fcnorton

Default Lx NANO and Windows 7

Anyone else have issues running Lx NANO on Windows 7? The logger and
the NanoConfig program seems to run fine on an older XP Pro machine I
have at work but it chokes running on my Thinkpad running Windows 7
Professional 64 bit.

It have tried using the virtual machine running Windows XP and
enabling hardware virtualization but get the same issue.

If you have come up with a work around I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

FC Norton
N5XX
Old March 29th 11, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Mar 28, 12:43*pm, fcnorton wrote:
Anyone else have issues running Lx NANO on Windows 7? *The logger and
the NanoConfig program seems to run fine on an older XP Pro machine I
have at work but it chokes running on my Thinkpad running Windows 7
Professional 64 bit.

It have tried using the virtual machine running Windows XP and
enabling hardware virtualization but get the same issue.

If you have come up with a work around I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

FC Norton
N5XX

My NANO connect to a Windows 7 Home 64 bit machine. It also
downloaded the latest Config program automatically.

Did you make sure the NANO was off when you connected to the USB.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old March 29th 11, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fcnorton

On Mar 28, 5:00*pm, Richard wrote:
On Mar 28, 12:43*pm, fcnorton wrote:

Anyone else have issues running Lx NANO on Windows 7? *The logger and
the NanoConfig program seems to run fine on an older XP Pro machine I
have at work but it chokes running on my Thinkpad running Windows 7
Professional 64 bit.

It have tried using the virtual machine running Windows XP and
enabling hardware virtualization but get the same issue.

If you have come up with a work around I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

FC Norton
N5XX

My NANO connect to a Windows 7 *Home 64 bit machine. * It also
downloaded the latest Config program automatically.

Did you make sure the NANO was off when you connected to the USB.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

I did Richard. Mine updated to the latest version once I loaded it
onto the XP machine at the office. I played for quite a while with it
hooked up to the older Windows version and didn't have any problems.

It locks up my laptop when its trying to access the device. I can't
even access the damn thing as a remote drive to download the .igc
files it generates.

It has got to be something with my pc configuration.

Thanks,

FC
Old March 29th 11, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Rathbun

FC,

Try a different USB port. I have a new laptop with W7 64 and a new NANO. I
found it won’t work when I plug it into the USB 3.0 port but it works every
time when I plug it into a USB 2.0 port.

R5

At 02:36 29 March 2011, fcnorton wrote:
On Mar 28, 5:00=A0pm, Richard wrote:
On Mar 28, 12:43=A0pm, fcnorton wrote:

Anyone else have issues running Lx NANO on Windows 7? =A0The logger

and
the NanoConfig program seems to run fine on an older XP Pro machine

have at work but it chokes running on my Thinkpad running Windows 7
Professional 64 bit.

It have tried using the virtual machine running Windows XP and
enabling hardware virtualization but get the same issue.

If you have come up with a work around I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

FC Norton
N5XX

My NANO connect to a Windows 7 =A0Home 64 bit machine. =A0 It also

Old March 29th 11, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Rathbun

Oh no!

I just updated the NanoConfig.exe software and now it doesn’t work. I get
this error statement:

I:\NanoConfig.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I wish I could go back but I don’t think I can.

R5

Old March 29th 11, 11:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daniel Brown

I've got a NANO running on Windows 7 64bit fine, plugged it in and
connected up straight away... Are you an administrator on your laptop?

Dan

Old March 29th 11, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitja Spes

On Mar 29, 12:43*pm, Daniel Brown
wrote:
[...]

@fcnorton
This seems to be a power management issue in laptops. Some laptops
have very aggressive power saving policy which can interfere with
Nano.
I suggest following: try to disable all power saving features on each
of the USB devices (Control panel -Device manager-Universal Serial
Bus controllers). If that doesn’t work you can use a USB hub with own
power supply and connect Nano to the hub and hub to laptop.

@FC
As for problems after updating: I think you disconnected Nano too
quickly after updating... Windows (unfortunately) caches writes to
removable devices and if you disconnect the drive prematurely (while
writing to it) corruption may occur (although very rare). Please
download NanoConfig manually from http://www.lxnav.com/downloads/software/NanoConfig.exe
.. After running it for the first time it will also automatically
update NanoConfig on Nano, please allow 2 minutes for sync or use
Windows’ “Safe remove hardware and eject media”.

If you still encounter any problems then please email me or to
info[at]lxnav.com and we’ll be glad to help you further.
Old March 29th 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fcnorton

@ Steve- thanks I will try it on another USB port.

@ Mitja- My laptop power settings are at Max Performance with NO
battery stretch enabled. I use it plugged in 95% of the time.

Thanks to everyone for your time.

FC
Old March 30th 11, 07:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitja Spes

On Mar 29, 5:55*pm, fcnorton wrote:
@ Steve- thanks I will try it on another USB port.

@ Mitja- My laptop power settings are at Max Performance with NO
battery stretch enabled. *I use it plugged in 95% of the time.

Thanks to everyone for your time.

FC

I see...please try it with usb hub with own power supply.

Kind regards,
Mitja
Old April 2nd 11, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fcnorton

Update

I wanted to update this thread in case someone else had this issue and
they dig this out of the archive.

I tried Lx's suggestion and picked up an externally powered USB hub.
I plugged the Nano in and the damn thing works! I don't know why and
will probably continue to debug when I have time but at least this is
a usable work around.

FC

LXNAV Nano and LX 9000 Overview Videos Available Paul Remde Soaring 3 February 28th 11 01:58 PM
Nano Logger Ed Soaring 7 September 10th 10 08:32 PM
IGC-approval of the LXNAV Nano GNSS Flight recorder Ian Strachan Soaring 5 September 1st 10 02:41 PM
New Ipod Nano Just Released, Free (with only 2 referrals) [email protected] Owning 2 September 16th 05 02:28 AM