To Walter Eisele and Comrades

Old December 1st 03, 03:07 AM
John

Default To Walter Eisele and Comrades

Give it up, Walter!

Nobody will buy your Eastern block manufactured "pseudo-LS" crap, and you
will only succeed in 2 things:

1. Causing the extinction of some exquisitely beautiful sailplanes.

2. Having you and your 'secret investor' go bankrupt.

Leave LS in DG's capable German hands!

Old December 1st 03, 07:55 AM
Janusz Kesik

Nobody will buy your Eastern block manufactured "pseudo-LS" crap, =
and you
will only succeed in 2 things:

HAHAHAHAAHAAAA... Eastern Block manufactured crap! ROFLMAO!!! ))
Have You ever heard that Stemme S-10 is manufactured in Poland and the =
German just put the engine inside and stick the brand name?
It's hard to understand but true.

--=20
Janusz Kesik

visit
www.leszno.pl - home of the www.css-leszno.it.pl

Old December 1st 03, 08:49 AM
Clint

"John" wrote in message thlink.net...
Give it up, Walter!

Nobody will buy your Eastern block manufactured "pseudo-LS" crap, and you
will only succeed in 2 things:

1. Causing the extinction of some exquisitely beautiful sailplanes.

2. Having you and your 'secret investor' go bankrupt.

Leave LS in DG's capable German hands!

How much of the current DG's are manufactured in Slovenia (AMS)? What
content % of SH gliders are currently being manufactured in the old
Eastern Block? I think that all German manufactures are feeling the
pinch of a high value euro and expensive labour and are looking for
ways to make glider manufacturing more cost effective. These saving
will hopefully be passed on to us - the glider pilots who fly these
beautiful machines.

The LAK's currently being manufactured are very well built and appear
to be finished as well as their German counterparts. If the LS 4 can
be bought back into production at an affordable price - with a finish
equal to the original gliders - why should people not buy it? It
appears that the HpH 304 C and CZ's, which were also originally German
gliders - now being manufactured by a Czech company, are selling well.

Maybe I am a little biased as the LAK which I bought for a price far
cheaper than any comparable German glider is an absolute joy to fly. I
also have the pleasure of owning my own glider with all the pride that
goes with it every time that people admire my beautiful ship.

Clinton
LAK 12
Old December 1st 03, 04:06 PM
James

The wing tips on Blaniks are an example of beautiful hand crafted
workmanship that came from the Eastern block.

Old December 1st 03, 07:49 PM
bumper

I own a Stemme, most of the composite work done in Poland. And also a
Schleicher 26e, German to the bone.

Inside the Stemme, in places most won't see without a borescope, there's
dust and fiberglass bits that could/should have been removed before
assembly. Some Stemmes more of this, some less. If I were building it and
taking pride in my work, all those out of sight places would be spotless.

In those hidden away places inside my 26e, it's absolutely flawless. Seems
Schleicher cares just as much about the "hidden quality" as the pretty
outsides.

btw, I still love the Stemme!

Fact remains that quality sometimes suffers when using sub-contractors. Bits
of fiberglass are way more acceptable than spar caps that come apart.

--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

Old December 2nd 03, 03:20 AM
John

Clint,

Can you tell us about parts availability and service experiences with LAK?

J4
"Clint" wrote in message
om...

Old December 2nd 03, 09:45 AM
Tanel

Think a little bit. Do you call Lak-17/19 and Genesis2, HPH produced
Glasfluegel 304CZ and ELAN/AMS gliders DG-505/1000 eastern-block
manufactured crap? Lak-17 showed its perfomance at Lezsno last summer
and it wasn't bad at all.

Tanel (flown Blaniks Jantars and Laks- all so called eastern-block
manufactured crap)

Old December 2nd 03, 02:53 PM
Janusz Kesik

Think a little bit. Do you call Lak-17/19 and Genesis2, HPH produced=20
Glasfluegel 304CZ and ELAN/AMS gliders DG-505/1000 eastern-block=20
manufactured crap?=20

Add to this list SZD-55, SZD-51 Junior for beginners, and SZD-50 Puchacz =
for complete newbies.
All of them are in production again.

Regards,

Old December 2nd 03, 10:40 PM
John

I call all those ships you mentioned 'second rate' performers.

Who is going to develop anything new for LS out of the Eastern Block?

How can you hope to compete with the German University trained whiz-kid
designers?

The best that can be done is the provision of cheap labor to build something
designed elsewhere...... and with the advent of the Discus CS and Duo-Discus
spar problems, I doubt even that.

Should LS go out of Germany, I hope you prove us all wrong.

John

Old December 2nd 03, 11:13 PM
cernauta

"John" wrote:

How can you hope to compete with the German University trained whiz-kid
designers?

Should LS go out of Germany, I hope you prove us all wrong.

As I understand, maybe I'm wrong, LS has been bought by German
investors lead by Walter Eisele. Production, only, will be
sub-contracted to LAK for the obvious reason of low costs and good
quality history.
So, development of new models would be in the hands (heads) of the
german owners...
As a DG fan I'm not happy, their service has always been excellent; as
a glider pilot, I wait and see what happens next. Maybe the court?

Aldo Cernezzi