Here is Some video Of Landing In My 150 7676U

Old July 7th 04, 11:03 PM
NW_PILOT

Default Here is Some video Of Landing In My 150 7676U

Ok guys I finally had time to transfer video from my mini dv to my computer
, my first few landings in my 150 it seems like the wife only records my bad
landings ohh well!! The best landing out of the 3 on this video was a
simulated short field right on the 1,000 bars the first landing and the
second best was the cross wind landing at evergreen 59S,

Ohh the video link http://www.warflying.net/7676u.wmv

Old July 7th 04, 11:16 PM
Greg Copeland

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 22:09:16 +0000, Peter Gottlieb wrote:

Pretty cool. Things have come a long way from acoustic couplers at 110
baud.

You mean, dare I dream it, the 300 baud acoustic couplers are finally
available?

Greg

Old July 8th 04, 12:11 AM
NW_PILOT

I got to get me one of these http://www.chasecam.com/mounts-suction.htm

Old July 8th 04, 01:55 AM
Jim Fisher

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
The best landing out of the 3 on this video was a
simulated short field right on the 1,000 bars the first landing

A little long on the final there, you know.

On your third landing, I kept waiting for you to turn final so I could see
the runway. You didn't and kept creeping up on a small grass field in what
looked like the middle of a suburb. Looked like a public park or something.
I thought to myself, "Uhh, self? That nut is having someone film his
emergency landing in a public park!"

It wasn't until the last moment that you could pick out the narrow runway.
Good job. Had me going for a second there.

--
Jim Fisher

Old July 8th 04, 02:23 AM
NW_PILOT

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
.. .
"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
The best landing out of the 3 on this video was a
simulated short field right on the 1,000 bars the first landing

A little long on the final there, you know.

On your third landing, I kept waiting for you to turn final so I could see
the runway. You didn't and kept creeping up on a small grass field in

what
looked like the middle of a suburb. Looked like a public park or

something.
I thought to myself, "Uhh, self? That nut is having someone film his
emergency landing in a public park!"

It wasn't until the last moment that you could pick out the narrow runway.
Good job. Had me going for a second there.

--
Jim Fisher

That is Evergreen Field In Vancouver, Wa (59S) ware I am based out of fun
airport to fly in to short pattern and The TPA is 600' the field elevation
is 310' and there are them bushes in front of 28R and part of the runway i'd
say the last 300' really should not be used for a rollout on 28R if your
landing on 10L unless you like ruff pavement. Some pilots prefer using 28L &
10R witch is a grass strip.

Old July 8th 04, 02:38 AM
Dan Luke

I was watching this in my office when a couple of the techs walked in to
see what the noise was. They watched for a bit and walked out shaking
their heads. They just don't get it, poor souls.

Only a pilot could love this stuff.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old July 8th 04, 03:14 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:38:23 -0500, "Dan Luke"
wrote:

I was watching this in my office when a couple of the techs walked in to
see what the noise was. They watched for a bit and walked out shaking
their heads. They just don't get it, poor souls.

Only a pilot could love this stuff.

I did some playing around with this sort of thing a couple of months ago...
I posted some details at:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/video.html

At the end of the page are links to three ~2 Meg videos, and 60-meg "Music
Video" I built from the raw footage.

Ron Wanttaja
Old July 8th 04, 03:15 AM
NW_PILOT

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
I was watching this in my office when a couple of the techs walked in to
see what the noise was. They watched for a bit and walked out shaking
their heads. They just don't get it, poor souls.

Only a pilot could love this stuff.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

I have way more video that I need to sit down and go through most of it is
pretty choppy and shaky not worth putting on the net but it looks like i
will be getting my self a suction cup mount for my mini dv so the video will
be a lot more stable and will publish a lot more of it.

Old July 8th 04, 04:17 AM
Vigo

Looked like a public park or something.
I thought to myself, "Uhh, self? That nut is having someone film his
emergency landing in a public park!"

It wasn't until the last moment that you could pick out the narrow runway.
Good job. Had me going for a second there.

--
Jim Fisher

Had me going as well. I couldn't see the runway till the last moment.