My aviation weblog; any others?

Old October 13th 04, 08:54 PM
David Megginson

Default My aviation weblog; any others?

Instead of clogging up the newsgroups, I've started a personal aviation
weblog, "Land and Hold Short". You can visit it here in a browser

http://www.megginson.com/blogs/lahso/

The best option, though, is to use the RSS to get a live feed in your feed
reader/amalgamator:

http://www.megginson.com/blogs/lahso.rss

I haven't found much aviation stuff out there in blogspace. Who else in
these newsgroups maintains an aviation blog or has some favourite ones to
pass on?

Thanks, and all the best,

David
Old October 14th 04, 02:09 AM
John T

"David Megginson" wrote in message

I haven't found much aviation stuff out there in blogspace. Who else
in these newsgroups maintains an aviation blog or has some favourite
ones to pass on?

I wouldn't call it a weblog (more of a "web journal"):
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old October 14th 04, 03:52 AM
David Megginson

John T wrote:

I haven't found much aviation stuff out there in blogspace. Who else
in these newsgroups maintains an aviation blog or has some favourite
ones to pass on?

I wouldn't call it a weblog (more of a "web journal"):
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Nice -- have you considered putting it into an RSS feed?

All the best,

David
Old October 14th 04, 04:10 AM
Colin Gibb

This is a weblog

http://www.colingibb.com/LOGBOOK2/ViewLog.aspx

Old October 14th 04, 12:16 PM
David Megginson

Colin Gibb wrote:
This is a weblog

http://www.colingibb.com/LOGBOOK2/ViewLog.aspx

Touché.

All the best,

David
Old October 14th 04, 02:06 PM
Jay Honeck

I haven't found much aviation stuff out there in blogspace. Who else
in these newsgroups maintains an aviation blog or has some favourite
ones to pass on?

I wouldn't call it a weblog (more of a "web journal"):
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Nice -- have you considered putting it into an RSS feed?

Just curious:

a) On a technical note, what's an "RSS feed"?
b) On a philosophical note, why would you take your thoughts, knowledge and
opinions private?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 14th 04, 02:47 PM
David Megginson

Jay Honeck wrote:

a) On a technical note, what's an "RSS feed"?

Its the main standard for syndicating weblogs to people's desktops
(actually, in addition to blogs proper, people use it a lot for regular news
feeds from Yahoo, Reuters, etc., as well as alerts from Amazon or eBay).
This is enormous stuff right now -- there are 15,000 new weblogs every day
according to Technorati, and bloggers have driven a lot of the press
coverage of the U.S. presidential campaign (on both sides).

b) On a philosophical note, why would you take your thoughts, knowledge and
opinions private?

On the contrary, I want to reach a potentially bigger, opt-in audience.
Think of it as a kind of Usenet where you subscribe to individual posters
rather than newsgroups. I think that a lot more people read weblogs than
Usenet (i.e. by at least an order of magnitude).

All the best,

David

Old October 14th 04, 04:17 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, David Megginson said:
Instead of clogging up the newsgroups, I've started a personal aviation
weblog, "Land and Hold Short". You can visit it here in a browser

http://www.megginson.com/blogs/lahso/

It's not really a blog unless you allow comments.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Integration by parts -- a very powerful technique."
Old October 14th 04, 10:41 PM
Greg Butler

I have only just started mine, but I am going to document my entire training
from private to cfii. Here is the link,
http://www.ebloggy.com/blog.php?username=futureatp, but like i said, I just
started it, so there are only a couple of posts so far.

Greg

Old October 21st 04, 03:15 AM
Gene Whitt

Y'All,
Not sure just what a blog is nor a webblog is. My web site of nearly
3,000,000 words is about flying VFR and IFR. Is it a blog?
www.whittsflying.com
Gene Whitt