How did you guys get all these OT conspiracy $!@$%!! types here?

Old March 16th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default How did you guys get all these OT conspiracy $!@$%!! types here?

Why are they here? I guess trying to disrupt them by all of us posting a
blank reply 5 times a day would only encourage them?

Dallas

Old March 16th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Dallas wrote:

Why are they here? I guess trying to disrupt them by all of us posting a
blank reply 5 times a day would only encourage them?

What conspiracy types?

Oh, I guess my killfilters are working overtime. Cool.

--
Peter
Old March 16th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article et,
"Dallas" wrote:

Why are they here? I guess trying to disrupt them by all of us posting a
blank reply 5 times a day would only encourage them?

killfile killfile killfiles

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old March 16th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article et,
"Dallas" wrote:

Why are they here? I guess trying to disrupt them by all of us posting a
blank reply 5 times a day would only encourage them?

Dallas

They came here seeking answers as to whether or not the hijackers,
trained only in GA planes and simulators, could have flown to their
targets. When the resounding answer was "YES", they stayed and tried to
impress us with their kookbabble, nonsequitors and phony "experts."

They were surprised to find a whole suite of professions and experience
in this newsgroup and were chagrined when nobody agreed with their
notions.
Old March 16th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
Peter R. wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Why are they here? I guess trying to disrupt them by all of us posting a
blank reply 5 times a day would only encourage them?

What conspiracy types?

Oh, I guess my killfilters are working overtime. Cool.

Same here. I had 250 unread articles when entering this group, but only
35 after my killfile did its thing.

I kill anything crossposted to alt.disasters.aviation and anything
posted to more then five groups. That pretty much takes care of
all the trolls.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Old March 16th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Bob Noel" wrote

killfile killfile killfiles

What are you using for detection, or keywords?
--
Jim in NC
Old March 16th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Clear" wrote

Same here. I had 250 unread articles when entering this group, but only
35 after my killfile did its thing.

I kill anything crossposted to alt.disasters.aviation and anything
posted to more then five groups. That pretty much takes care of
all the trolls.

I sure wish OE had that kind of option, or that there was an EASY add on to
do it.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 16th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Dallas" wrote)
Why are they here? I guess trying to disrupt them by all of us posting a
blank reply 5 times a day would only encourage them?

I'd been answering some of them - different name. I'd leave out our
newsgroup. That did cut down on a few of them because they'd reply (minus)
RAP. g

I haven't done it now for a while. Maybe I'll float a few more out there
tonight. :-)

Montblack-ops

Old March 17th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article , "Morgans"
wrote:

"Bob Noel" wrote

killfile killfile killfiles

What are you using for detection, or keywords?

among my many criteria are kill if subject contains belfort, newgroups or xref
contains rec.travel.air (or alt.disasters.aviation).

I kill a few subject lines - often I use filters that expire.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old March 17th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Morgans"
I sure wish OE had that kind of option, or that there was an EASY add on
do it.

M$ OE 6.0

Main OE page (Inbox)/Tools/Message Rules/News.../

Do one thing (checked box) for each Message Rule otherwise you get into an
AND... situation, if you try to have too many rules under one, um, ...er,
"rule."

You must click the little blue links, in the bottom (3rd) box, to complete
the Rule you checked (created).

New Message Rule #1
New Message Rule #2
New Message Rule #3
New Message Rule #4
New Message Rule #5 etc.

You can rename them if you'd like.

If you were talking, specifically, about a Message Rule filtering
crossposted threads ...I don't know. Maybe there's an EASY add on to do
that? g

Montblack