Check Six!

Old February 20th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default Check Six!

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:11:25 -0600, Barnyard BOb wrote:

That's how I did this video, with an earlier, lower-resolution camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubDOG4E_pXs

YOUTUBE!!!

I knew you'd be famous one day! ;-)

Self-famous, at least. :-)

P.S
Does the stirring audio contain a subliminal
nautical message rather than AERO-nautical?

I have this uncontrollable urge to march
down to the sea in a sailing ship.

Might even try my hand at whaling.....

Bob, Bob, Bob. Have you been to a nickelodeon in the past, oh, eighty years?
The motion pictures are in color now, and the music and the actor's words are
actually heard at the same time.

If you HAD...then you'd know that the music I used on that clip came from an
*airplane* film. It's tied to a scene where a Curtis P-40 Tomahawk...mind you,
a REAL P-40, not a model, not a cartoon, and not even computer-generated the way
the kids get so excited about...is slipping to land on a dirt road, and
subsequently taxis up to a gas station.

If you want to see a Fly Baby video with a nautical soundtrack, this is the one:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...Baby-N500F.wmv

....although it should make you want to attack a Spanish galleon, not a hapless
cetacean.

Ron Wanttaja
Old February 20th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Do you get more fuel in Spain with a Spanish galleon than in the USA with
the English galleon?

Jim

...although it should make you want to attack a Spanish galleon

Old February 20th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

Bob, Bob, Bob. Have you been to a nickelodeon in the past, oh, eighty years?
The motion pictures are in color now, and the music and the actor's words are
actually heard at the same time.

My DVD collection is totally of the great silent days.
Talkies and color are for you young chatty whippersnappers.
Distracts from the plot, ya know!

If you HAD...then you'd know that the music I used on that clip came from an
*airplane* film. It's tied to a scene where a Curtis P-40 Tomahawk...mind you,
a REAL P-40, not a model, not a cartoon, and not even computer-generated the way
the kids get so excited about...is slipping to land on a dirt road, and
subsequently taxis up to a gas station.

REALLY?
What movie would that be?

Couldn't be '1941'.
That John Belushi P-40 landed on a paved road and
then taxied to a gas station that was located ON DIRT.
Kinda' like I use to do in my Texass crop dusting days.

If you want to see a Fly Baby video with a nautical soundtrack, this is the one:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...Baby-N500F.wmv

...although it should make you want to attack a Spanish galleon,

Hmmm.
Do Spanish galleons hold as much stuff as
Canadian and British Imperial Galleons?

not a hapless cetacean.

Ron Wanttaja

Humongous whales.... HAPPLESS?!?!?
Tell that to Hemingway, Spencer Tracy and the Old Man in the Sea.

- Barnyard BOb -

Over a half century of powered flight

Old February 20th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Ron Wanttaja" wrote)
If you want to see a Fly Baby video with a nautical soundtrack, this is
the one:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/2006-9-23-Fly-Baby-N500F.wmv

Music from: ........The Sea Hawk (1940)
Staring: ...............Errol Fly-in(n) as Capt. Thorpe

...although it should make you want to attack a Spanish galleon, not a
hapless cetacean.

Oddly, folk music does that for me .... the attack a whale thing.

http://www.akh.se/lyrics/greenland_whalers.htm
"The Whale" - The Limeliters

http://www.amazon.com/Through-Childrens-Eyes-Little-Adults/dp/B000001841
Through Children's Eyes (1962) ...sample songs
(We grew up with this Limeliters album)

Mont-blacklisted

We struck that whale, the line paid out
But she gave a flourish with her tail
The boat capsized and four men were drowned
And we never caught that whale, brave boys
And we never caught that whale

"To lose the boat", our captain said
"it grieves my heart full sore"
But we know the losing of that hundred barrel whale
Well, it grieved him ten times more, brave boys
It grieved him ten times more

Old February 20th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Barnyard BOb said:
Humongous whales.... HAPPLESS?!?!?
Tell that to Hemingway, Spencer Tracy and the Old Man in the Sea.

You've never actually read "The Old Man And The Sea", have you? Because
besides the Old Man, there was a marlin and sharks, but no whales.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"Dumbass PowarRanger Voltron is like the original PowarRanger Voltron,
Old February 20th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, Barnyard BOb said:
Humongous whales.... HAPPLESS?!?!?
Tell that to Hemingway, Spencer Tracy and the Old Man in the Sea.

You've never actually read "The Old Man And The Sea", have you?

GEEZ...
Wanna' tell me I have't seen the movie either?

For you, here's what I can do:

Humongous whales.... HAPPLESS?!?
Tell that to Captain Ahab of Moby-Dick fame.

Feel better now, party pooper? :-)

- Barnyard Bob-
Old February 20th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, Barnyard BOb said:
Humongous whales.... HAPPLESS?!?!?
Tell that to Hemingway, Spencer Tracy and the Old Man in the Sea.

You've never actually read "The Old Man And The Sea", have you?

GEEZ...
Wanna' tell me I have't seen the movie either?

For you, here's what I can do:

Humongous whales.... HAPPLESS?!?
Tell that to Captain Ahab of Moby-Dick fame.

Feel better now, party pooper? :-)

Much better.

This literary moment brought to you by WGBH in Boston and contributions
from viewers like you.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
USER, n.:
Old February 20th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, Barnyard BOb said:
Humongous whales.... HAPPLESS?!?!?
Tell that to Hemingway, Spencer Tracy and the Old Man in the Sea.

You've never actually read "The Old Man And The Sea", have you?

GEEZ...
Wanna' tell me I have't seen the movie either?

For you, here's what I can do:

Humongous whales.... HAPPLESS?!?
Tell that to Captain Ahab of Moby-Dick fame.

Feel better now, party pooper? :-)

Much better.

This literary moment brought to you by WGBH in Boston and contributions
from viewers like you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Heh, heh.

Got a another name for you, too, Paul.

TROUBLEMAKER

Old February 20th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

(Paul Tomblin) wrote:
Feel better now, party pooper? :-)

Much better.

This literary moment brought to you by WGBH in Boston and contributions
from viewers like you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Heh, heh.

Got a another name for you, too, Paul.

TROUBLEMAKER

That's about the nicest name anybody in rec.aviation has ever given me.
Second only to John Osterhout threatening to reveal the fact that in
person I'm not all that bad a guy.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
O Canada, we stand ready to sit down and discuss our problems
Old February 20th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

Heh, heh.

Got a another name for you, too, Paul.

TROUBLEMAKER

That's about the nicest name anybody in rec.aviation has ever given me.
Second only to John Osterhout threatening to reveal the fact that in
person I'm not all that bad a guy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Oi Vey...
On any given day, it's damn near mpossible to 'one up' Oyster!
I'm proud to come in evan a distant second to a man of his stature!

NOT! :-)

- Barnyard BOb -

Check it out [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 November 30th 04 09:35 PM
Check this out! [email protected] Aerobatics 0 November 30th 04 12:58 AM
New Check Law Greg Butler Piloting 51 October 16th 04 12:18 AM
check it out berben2 Military Aviation 0 September 16th 04 01:26 AM
check it out berben2 Naval Aviation 0 September 16th 04 01:04 AM