Oregon Alvord Desert Safari 7-17 tru 7-25

Old June 14th 04, 06:26 PM
Gary Boggs

Default Oregon Alvord Desert Safari 7-17 tru 7-25

We have room for a few more people on our annual Oregon Alvord Desert
Safari. We will be giving ground launch check outs and tows using our
pay-out winch. The BLM now requires us to obtain a permit and pay $4.00 per
day, per person so if you wanna to join us, call or e-mail me.

The Alvord Desert is a dry lake bed, aproximately 8 miles wide and 15 miles
long. It's 4000ft asl, and Steens Mountain rises streight up out of the
western edge of the dry lake with it's peak at almost 10,000ft. The soaring
along Steens Mountain is absolutely spectacular! The dry lake is one of the
alternate landing sites for the space shuttle. We camp on the dry lake and
it's kind of desolate but the saving grace is the hot springs and tubs on
the western edge of the lake bed. This is also one of the best places in
the country for star gazing because of the high altitude, clean air and no
city lights for hundreds of miles. You simply won't believe the sky at
night!

If your intrested contact:

Gary Boggs
503-708-8869