How far to drive to buy?

Old February 4th 10, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glider[_2_]

Default How far to drive to buy?

Once I bought a sailplane locally. I was back home in one hour.
Many drive coast to coast to buy? Is that logical?
How many miles should someone drive to buy a sailplane?
I say one day each way is max.
GA
Old February 4th 10, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Cordell

As far as Necessary for the right Sailplane, or as far as possible as
Oceans occasionally get in the way!
Old February 4th 10, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Feb 4, 11:08*am, glider wrote:
*Once I bought a sailplane locally. I was back home in one hour.
*Many drive coast to coast to buy? Is that logical?
*How many miles should someone drive to buy a sailplane?
*I say one day *each way is max.
*GA

Buying a plane locally works out fine, as long as the glider you WANT
is local. I had the advantage of complete ignorance of what I wanted,
coupled with a very low budget. A glider was for sale from another
club member, people said it was a good glider, and I could afford it,
so I bought it. Good thing, since I couldn't tow it behind my
motorcycle.
If I want an SZD-59 with winglets (or a SISU1A), and the only one for
sale is 2,000 miles away, I'd go for a drive.
Old February 4th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

As far as it takes.
Old February 4th 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

What Paul said.

I drove two days, each way, to pick up my current glider. And that was
after it came over from Germany on a boat!
Old February 4th 10, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John[_27_]

On Feb 4, 2:59*pm, Tuno wrote:
What Paul said.

I drove two days, each way, to pick up my current glider. And that was
after it came over from Germany on a boat!

Leaving Oregon for Florida tomorrow - I'll tell you how far when I get
back :-)

John
Old February 5th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:08:37 -0800 (PST), glider
wrote:

Once I bought a sailplane locally. I was back home in one hour.
Many drive coast to coast to buy? Is that logical?
How many miles should someone drive to buy a sailplane?
I say one day each way is max.
GA

How long is a piece of rope?

rj
Old February 5th 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Barny

I paid Frank
Old February 5th 10, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
4Z[_2_]

I drove 2000 miles from Montana to Virginia to buy a $3700 wood BG-12,
then back through the some of the worst driving weather I've ever
experienced. I was a poor grad student at the time, and a set of wings
were priceless to me. Got my Gold Badge in that one and learned a heck
of a lot.
Old February 5th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I went to Lithuania from Ohio for two of my gliders.
A Genesis 2 and an Antonov A-15

Robert Mudd
Moriarty, NM

If You Can Drive, You Can fly Gezellig Piloting 4 October 12th 08 05:31 AM
1 gb flash drive Mike Henley Aviation Photos 1 August 4th 07 05:12 AM
Reduction Drive Jgrinder Home Built 0 April 24th 06 10:11 PM
I dream to drive a plane! FreshGirl Owning 0 April 27th 05 07:23 AM
Do You Drive a Skylaunch? Gary Emerson Soaring 1 January 24th 04 07:21 PM