Oudie won’t download flight

Old May 4th 18, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Oudie won’t download flight

Hi Dennis,

OK. It is saving the files to the Oudie internal memory. That is good.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
________________________________

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 8:43:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi Paul....I think you mentioned this before... when I go to menu...I hit files and that page does NOT say saving file to anything. I get a greed out terrain...A greed out airspace....waypoints resident flash \airfields and airspace\USA\U. And the file folder Flight Folder.... has \ResidentFlash\Flights\. When I hit the button to the right of the list of files including the flights folder.

I on’t see anywhere it says save to memory card..

Dennis

Old May 4th 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 11:12:03 PM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Kirk,

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but make sure the Oudie is not trying to save the flight log to a microSD card when one isn't installed. Go to Menu, Settings, Files and set it to save flight logs to internal memory if it isn't already.

Good idea - I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks!
Old May 6th 18, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Friday, 4 May 2018 07:43:58 UTC-6, wrote:
Hi Paul....I think you mentioned this before... when I go to menu...I hit files and that page does NOT say saving file to anything. I get a greed out terrain...A greed out airspace....waypoints resident flash \airfields and airspace\USA\U. And the file folder Flight Folder.... has \ResidentFlash\Flights\. When I hit the button to the right of the list of files including the flights folder.

I on’t see anywhere it says save to memory card..

Dennis

Flew on 5/5 with the Oudie 2 with SYM at software version 8.01.004 and everything worked fine. It logged the flight and I exited SYM before powering down and all is fine
Old May 6th 18, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well Yesterday I also logged a flight. I remembered to power down and took both my flight recorders home. I took out my micro card out of the Oudie to see if the flight recorded and it did! I went to upload into OLC and they didn’t approve it (they don’t list any reasons). I was discouraged so i removed that flight and uploaded the flight from my Cambridge flight recorder. Now that did work. So now my Oudie records but the file won’t pass OLC. I guess next time I will try to upload straight from my Oudie and not use the micro cards.

I don’t know why the flight from the micro card didn’t work.. I got back to this new update because Navittar hasn’t officially released it yet (I was supposed to be downloading 7.47 and got 8.00 instead.. Why would a flight not be accepted by OLC from one source yet OK from another?

Dennis
Old May 6th 18, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:44:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Well Yesterday I also logged a flight. I remembered to power down and took both my flight recorders home. I took out my micro card out of the Oudie to see if the flight recorded and it did! I went to upload into OLC and they didn’t approve it (they don’t list any reasons). I was discouraged so i removed that flight and uploaded the flight from my Cambridge flight recorder. Now that did work. So now my Oudie records but the file won’t pass OLC. I guess next time I will try to upload straight from my Oudie and not use the micro cards.

I don’t know why the flight from the micro card didn’t work. I got back to this new update because Navittar hasn’t officially released it yet (I was supposed to be downloading 7.47 and got 8.00 instead. Why would a flight not be accepted by OLC from one source yet OK from another?

Dennis

You need to do some troubleshooting. Does the IGC file even have a G Record in it? Does that file validate anywhere else? Like SeeYou?

Old May 6th 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Or does it validate he http://vali.fai-civl.org/validation.html

Old May 6th 18, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Darryl... The file validation said that there was no signature in file. The file that was successfully uploaded was the same flight but recorded by my Cambridge recorder. The Oudie worked fine until the last version update.

Thanks what I know. Any clues as to what is wrong?

Thanks
Dennis
Old May 6th 18, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I did some searching and the signature seems to be from the logging section on the menu. When i went to that page it seems that my name was removed somehow. So I entered my name and saved settings.

Hope that works.

Thanks

Dennis
Old May 6th 18, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 11:16:51 UTC-6, wrote:
I did some searching and the signature seems to be from the logging section on the menu. When i went to that page it seems that my name was removed somehow. So I entered my name and saved settings.

Hope that works.

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis the beginning of the IGC file from OLC contains these records prior to the WP entries and then the B records for position(s)

ACALC0JH
HFDTE050518
HFFXA050
HFPLTPilot: Pilot's Name
HFGTYGliderType:
HFCIDCompetitionID:
HFDTM100Datum: WGS-84
HFRFWFIRMWAREVERSION: 6.0
HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION: f
HFSITSite: SeeYou
HFTZOTimezone: 0
HFUNTUnits: nmi,ft,kt
I033638FXA3941ENL4247REX

Not sure what you mean by 'SIGNATURE' in file, I am assuming it referring to the G security record.

When you stat that OLC will not approve it are you getting a RED v for validation or a BLUE v for validation? The Oudie should produce a BLUE v for validation as it is considered a position recorder, only the IGC Oudie will give you a GREEN v for validation.

OLC accepted recorders are listed here https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....ng/logger.html

SOrry for the questions but nomenclature is important and yes this is far more complicated than it should be. Bloody specifications on records within a IGC file can be found here http://www.gliding.ch/images/news/lx...s_igc.htm#Hrec

See flying is much easier than playing with electronics.

Ron GLeason

Old May 6th 18, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

When I first tried to upload the file to OLC I got the red V. I had that file deleted and then I uploaded the flight from my Cambridge recorder and it was accepted. That’s when i decided it was an Oudie issue. Darryl gave me the link to analyze a IGC file. It said that the file had no signature. I googled this and found out it was referencing my name (which is on your list). I went to this settings page and sure enough all my pilot info was blank. Now it wasn’t before the version update and I had no issues before the version update. I will test this again next flight but I think I may have found the cause. Fingers crossed.

You know freakin Navitar was very casual about the idea that I could click version 7.47 to download and end up with 8.01!!!...he stared “its not officially released yet but is well tested”...well if its NOT officially released then why did I have access to it? When he said well tested does that include erasing pilot information?

The reason I am reposting this is apparently I am not the only guy that got the unofficial release and perhaps others have issues. If not i can only hope that this is the fix. Navitar was not helpful.

Dennis