Stemme S12 in Michigan this Saturday, May 20th (KOZW) @ 4 pm

Old May 18th 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Stemme S12 in Michigan this Saturday, May 20th (KOZW) @ 4 pm

If you are interested in checking out the new Stemme S12, it will be on-site at Crosswinds Aviation in Howell Michigan this Saturday afternoon at 4 pm.. We will have the BBQ going, hamburgers, hot dogs and all the fixings. Yes, beer! Crosswinds Aviation is an incredible aviation facility as well with numerous rental and training aircraft (Cirrus, Diamond, etc).

Feel free to pass this invite along to any friends who may also be interested.

Facebook Event: www.facebook.com/events/888477127958645
Stemme S12 Videos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdjFauhULNA
Stemme Photos: http://www.stemme.com/multimedia.html
Stemme website: http://www.stemme.com/s12.html

RSVP to smfidlerATgmailcom
(Please do take a moment to RSVP ASAP so I know how many are coming!!!)
HOST: Crosswinds Aviation - Matt and Andrea Dahline
CO-HOSTS: Wes Chumley of StemmeUSA & Sean Fidler
TIME: Saturday, May, 20 from 4 pm - 7 pm
LOCATION: Crosswinds Aviation (KOZW)
3808 W. Grand River Howell, MI 48855
(517) 552-1101
crosswindsaviation.com

About the Stemme S12: The Stemme family of German motor gliders (www.stemme.com) are generally considered the "state of the art" in terms motor glider performance and convenience. With its innovative folding propeller, retractable nose cone and easy to fold wings (allowing it to fit into a standard 40-foot T-hanger), the Stemme S10 has been the envy of all sailplane pilots for years. The Stemme's innovative design offers more practical convenience than a traditional sailplane motor glider configuration. The Stemme's bi-lateral landing gear/taildragger configuration provides for easy ground handling and taxi. When that convenience is combined with its exceptional soaring performance (50:1 + glide ratio, or the same as modern racing sailplanes) there is simply no comparison. With the Stemme S-10, pilots enjoyed the best of both worlds...so to speak. Just this year, Stemme introduced its new S12 design. The S12 features longer wings (25-meter), higher performance, wider landing gear and numerous other improvements such as improved aerodynamics, flight balance, and instrumentation.

Old May 21st 17, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Fun, fun day!

Short video: https://youtu.be/tp_xQUik-NQ

Photos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0tGDZLe8GvCM0b
Old May 22nd 17, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 5:58:48 PM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
Fun, fun day!

Short video: https://youtu.be/tp_xQUik-NQ

Photos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0tGDZLe8GvCM0b

I know the old adage of 'If you have to ask, you can't afford it' applies but I am still curious how many monetary units this engineering marvel from the Fatherland will set me back. Anybody knows?

Uli
'AS'

Old May 22nd 17, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KEN

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 11:20:32 AM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
[...]

June issue of Flying magazine: Stemme S12 can be had for $349,000.00 to $369000.00
Old May 22nd 17, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 10:19:32 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
[...]

Thanks for sharing that great wisdom - now I know exactly how much a S12 lists for! ;-)
Old May 22nd 17, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Sign me up! Ya know, even though electric trim would be nice, I can see
that almost as a consumable item. I'm happy wrestling with my manual
trim. A baggage compartment would also be nice but my wife and I packed
for a week long trip to Minden and stuffed everything behind the seats
in zip lock bags. The extra 2 meters of wing would be nice (size
matters, doesn't it?), but who really needs 52:1 when he has 50:1? I've
only rarely seen 50:1 anyway. On yesterday's flight out of Nephi, I saw
cruise L/Ds ranging from about 180:1 to about 17:1. I'm not sure the
extra span would have helped.

Still, if someone made me a decent offer on a really great S10-VT, I
might pony up the difference and get me one of them S-12s but I
absolutely would not get an auto pilot. Who needs the extra
maintenance? I did THIS
https://skylines.aero/flights/75962#tab-overview two days ago...

Dan
S10-VT, 5J

--
Dan, 5J

Old May 22nd 17, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

June issue of Flying magazine: Stemme S12 can be had for $349,000.00 to $369000.00

Thanks Ken! Well, take me off the list .... ;-)
Uli
'AS'
Old May 22nd 17, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

I guess you get what you pay for. 😆

Arcus M is same price but the Stemme sits rigged in T hangar vs requiring a huge hangar to keep the Arcus (or similar) rigged, and needing tow out gear to get to the runway, etc. Depends on the mission I suppose. In my old age I'm getting tired of all the hassle. I just want to go.

Also, Arcus engine overheats and you can't cruise to the good condtions.

Interesting decisions.
Old May 22nd 17, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 10:22:47 AM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
Arcus M is same price

No, ArcusM equipped and delivered ~ $250k

but the Stemme sits rigged in T hangar vs requiring a huge hangar

As you've seen me do solo, assembling ArcusM is about the same time
and effort as a single seater... And it looked nice in your hangar ;-)

See ya, Dave