Grease recommendation

Old March 25th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Default Grease recommendation

Looking for a good grease recommendation for general use around the
glider (main pins, ball fittings, etc.). Something locally available
in the US would be preferred! Anything that I should definitely stay
away from?

Thanks,

Bastoune
Old March 25th 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Mar 24, 9:51*pm, Bastoune wrote:
Looking for a good grease recommendation for general use around the
glider (main pins, ball fittings, etc.). Something locally available
in the US would be preferred! Anything that I should definitely stay
away from?

Thanks,

Bastoune

i use white lithium grease on my wing pins, but thats the only thing i
have to grease.
Old March 25th 10, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy[_7_]

I use Mobile One 100% synthetic grease.
Doesn't run when warm.
Doesn't harden when cold.
Great RED color.

Guy
Old March 25th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT[_3_]

we stay away from too much grease out here in the sandy dusty desert.
clean and lube the wing pins.. white lithium.. sparingly..
most control bearings are sealed bearings.. no grease

to much exposed grease only attracks dust and grime

Old March 25th 10, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Regardless of the brand you choose, I heartily recommend AGAINST any
kind of spray-can style grease. It just gets everywhere and is
usually too thin to stick to the parts you want to coat.

--Noel

Old March 25th 10, 09:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

Aeroshell or Phillips Aviation Grease No.22 or No.6 seem to work well.
The only glider manual I've seen which actually says anything specific
about grease is the one for the L33. I think it gave a Mil Spec
equivalent to Aeroshell Grease No.6. If you use either of these wear
gloves when you're applying it. It's a lot harder to wash off than the
white lithium!
Old March 25th 10, 11:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Whatcott

Guy wrote:
I use Mobile One 100% synthetic grease.
Doesn't run when warm.
Doesn't harden when cold.
Great RED color.

Guy

My A&P remarked on the recent annual - too much grease is an invitation
to abrasive dust. Less is more.

Brian W
Old March 25th 10, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

I use STP Oil Treatment on wing pins, lift pins, L'Hotellier balls and
sockets, and stabilator pins.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old March 26th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

On Mar 25, 11:42*am, rlovinggood wrote:
I use STP Oil Treatment on wing pins, lift pins, L'Hotellier balls and
sockets, and stabilator pins.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Thanks all for the info. Glad to hear that nobody is using chicken
grease!

Bastoune
Old March 26th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Mar 25, 6:19*pm, Bastoune wrote:
On Mar 25, 11:42*am, rlovinggood wrote:

I use STP Oil Treatment on wing pins, lift pins, L'Hotellier balls and
sockets, and stabilator pins.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Thanks all for the info. Glad to hear that nobody is using chicken
grease!

Bastoune

Chicken grease is terrible. Bear Fat is much better.

PDA recommendation alex8735 Soaring 8 March 22nd 08 08:29 AM
HSI Recommendation? randall g Owning 6 June 13th 07 09:22 PM
2.4 hours - no oil/grease on prop/windshield Jay Honeck Owning 8 September 30th 06 01:25 PM
ELT Recommendation Dean Owning 3 April 26th 06 09:08 AM
ASW 20 Recommendation? Eric Greenwell Soaring 1 August 11th 03 06:56 AM