MSC podcast with Gordon Boettger - Preparing for the Wave

Old February 1st 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default MSC podcast with Gordon Boettger - Preparing for the Wave

Gordon Boettger had three flights over 1700 kms last Spring out of
Minden. His longest was just over 2000 kms, giving him the longest
flight ever in the Northern Hemisphere.

Listen to Gordon on this 23 minute podcast at the Minden Soaring Club
website:

http://mindensoaringclub.com/int2/in...=29 &Itemid=7

You can also download this podcast into your ipod using itunes! (Use
the feeder link for this)

Gordon is informative, and you will find this podcast incredibly
instructive on how to prepare for a world record flight!

Enjoy this new way to share information in our sport!

Old February 1st 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Listened to the beginning of this, and Gordon is virtually inaudible (sounds
like he is on a very poor telephone connection), while Leo is very loud.
Could whoever did this work on equalizing the volume levels?

Great idea by the way! Love the concept of soaring podcasts!

On 1/31/06 11:14 PM, in article
, "
wrote:

Gordon Boettger had three flights over 1700 kms last Spring out of
Minden. His longest was just over 2000 kms, giving him the longest
flight ever in the Northern Hemisphere.

Listen to Gordon on this 23 minute podcast at the Minden Soaring Club
website:

http://mindensoaringclub.com/int2/in...&task=view&fee
did=29&Itemid=7

Old February 1st 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I put a link to the MSC page he
https://www.freytag.us/Flight/bin/view/Soarcast/WebHome

Nice site!

Cheers,
Richard

Old February 1st 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On 31 Jan 2006 22:14:40 -0800, wrote:

Gordon Boettger had three flights over 1700 kms last Spring out of
Minden. His longest was just over 2000 kms, giving him the longest
flight ever in the Northern Hemisphere.

Listen to Gordon on this 23 minute podcast at the Minden Soaring Club
website:

http://mindensoaringclub.com/int2/in...=29 &Itemid=7

You can also download this podcast into your ipod using itunes! (Use
the feeder link for this)

Gordon is informative, and you will find this podcast incredibly
instructive on how to prepare for a world record flight!

Enjoy this new way to share information in our sport!

I must be older even than I feel. I can not figure out how to play,
or download the podcasts from the MSC website.
Old February 1st 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

All I have to do is click on it and listen with Windows Media Player, I
use earphones and can hear it just fine. Good job.

Gary

Old February 1st 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

5X5 through either Windows or Apple Media Players...you
need to turn up the volume for Gordon, he is much quieter
then the individual asking the questions. Just click
on the link and go to Minden site, then click on interview.

Old February 1st 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It could use some audio balancing. Listening to the iPod through auto
speakers, I have to crank the volume up quite a bit to hear Gordon -
then get blasted by Leo. Just gotta drive with my hand on the volume
knob.

Great content though!

-Tom

Old February 2nd 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hello,

This was our first podcast, and Gordon was on a cell phone. We will
learn from our mistakes, and make sure that the follow-up, in which
Gordon discusses his 2000 km flight, will be perfect from the audio
viewpoint.

Coming soon, also, Al MacDonald will be talking to us about the use of
PDA's in soaring.

Thanks for your understanding, and keep visiting our site at:

http://mindensoaringclub.com

We are trying hard to return to Minden the status that it had in the
past as the best and most glider friendly place to fly in the US.

Leo Montejo
President, MSC

Old February 2nd 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Leo,

This is a great initiative, and I applaud your efforts.

Any chance of also posting these to the Podcast section of the iTunes Music
Store? It's free (for the poster and the downloader), and makes it slightly
easier to get into iTunes, and the iPod.

I look forward to the followups!

On 2/1/06 8:06 PM, in article
, "

Old February 2nd 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks!

There are TWO more podcasts in the works. Another one with Gordon
describing his 2000 k flight. This will be accompanied by an article
with pics. The other one is Al MacDonald on PDA's for soaring...

I will post these on the Apple ITunes Music store, but, a very simple
way to get them into Itunes and into your ipod is as follows:

1. Download iTunes from the Apple website (this is free) You can
download itunes for your PC or MAC...
2. Once you start Apple iTunes, select Advanced on the top menu.
3. Now select Suscribe to Podcast
4. A window will appear and you should copy the following, which by the
way appears on the MSC site on the front page:
http://mindensoaringclub.com/podcast/podcast.xml

Voilą!

What this accomplishes is that you will now be suscribed to MSC
podcasts, and everytime you start itunes and click on "uipdate" on the
top right corner, it will go and check for new ones. If it finds one,
it will download it for you automatically.

Incidentally, I do this with NPR podcasts, and before I leave every
morming for work, I synch my ipod to my MAC, and I am off with these.

Now you will be able to do the same, but with MSC Soaring Podcasts. We
have quite the alignment of well known pilots at Minden, so expect many
more this year.

Finallly - if you or anybody out there wishes to be podcasted, let me
know! Our site las month was visited by pilots from 45 countries and
had hundreds of thousands of hits. Believe me, you will be heard!

Regards,

Leo Montejo
President, MSC