NYC GA airports

Old October 22nd 03, 06:28 PM
Michael 182

Default NYC GA airports

Going to NY in a few weeks. What is the most convenient GA airport to land
and take public transportation into midtown?

Thanks,

Michael

Old October 22nd 03, 07:52 PM
Marco Leon

Republic (FRG) is a 5 min cab ride to the Long Island Rail Road which is
then 55 minutes away from Midtown. It will run you about $11 for the train.
Teterboro is closer to NYC but I believe you have to take a bus. Depending
on traffic, that may be 30 minutes to over an hour. Being so close, it's
also busy with biz jet operations. Some one who is more familiar than I
should chime in.

Do a Google Group search. This question has been posted and answered from
time to time.

Marco

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 22nd 03, 10:02 PM
Ron Natalie

"Marco Leon" mleon(at)optonline.net wrote in message ...
Republic (FRG) is a 5 min cab ride to the Long Island Rail Road which is
then 55 minutes away from Midtown. It will run you about $11 for the train.
Teterboro is closer to NYC but I believe you have to take a bus. Depending
on traffic, that may be 30 minutes to over an hour. Being so close, it's
also busy with biz jet operations. Some one who is more familiar than I
should chime in.

MMU is about 3 miles from the NJTransit. If you get one of the "Midtown Direct"
trains it takes just a smidge over an hour to hit Penn Station (NY). The other
drains dump you in Newark and you can PATH it over to Manhattan.

Old October 23rd 03, 12:00 AM
Peter Gottlieb

From the North, if you use HPN you will need to get a ride or take a taxi to
the White Plains train station, then it's 35-50 minutes to Grand Central
(depending on whether you get a local or express).

Old October 23rd 03, 01:19 AM
Mike Rapoport

I went to HPN two weeks ago and the FBO gave me a ride to the train. It was
was under an hour to Grand Central.

Mike
MU-2

m...

Old October 27th 03, 07:11 PM
ZikZak

On 10/22/03 10:28 AM, in article 87zlb.72$e01.32@attbi_s02, "Michael 182"
wrote:

Going to NY in a few weeks. What is the most convenient GA airport to land
and take public transportation into midtown?

Thanks,

Michael

Coming from the northwest, I would always land at Teterboro. The express bus
from the airport is a 45 minute trip to midtown. Be sure you have the
schedule ahead of time, though--- the local bus is infuriatingly slow.