Multi time building Q

Old December 9th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jackal24

Default Multi time building Q

Anyone have any ideas on where to go to get around 50 hours of multi-time
cheap? I looked at AriBen, but the reviews lately are not too great.
Old December 9th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

The office supply store sells ballpoint and fountain pens. But if you want
to really fly a the hours, there are no truly cheap hours in a multiengine
aircraft.
But to get a valid answer, you need to say something about your current
qualifications, do you need a rating or have the rating and are looking for
a job?
What part of the world are you living and are you willing to travel? Can
you join the Army?

Old December 10th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

"Jackal24" wrote in message
| Anyone have any ideas on where to go to get around 50 hours of
multi-time
| cheap? I looked at AriBen, but the reviews lately are not too great.

There was a company that used to sell multi-time really cheap. I think they
were freight dogs and only let you touch the controls at altitude. I don't
remember any more details. It sounded like a good deal for someone who only
needed the sign off and no real experience.

Old December 10th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"nobody" wrote in
:

"Jackal24" wrote in message
| Anyone have any ideas on where to go to get around 50 hours of
multi-time
| cheap? I looked at AriBen, but the reviews lately are not too
| great.

There was a company that used to sell multi-time really cheap. I think
they were freight dogs and only let you touch the controls at
altitude. I don't remember any more details. It sounded like a good
deal for someone who only needed the sign off and no real experience.

Not such a good deal unless what they are looking for is a profession
which has people who are willing to pay to work.

Bertie
Old December 10th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jackal24

I have 1600 hours (all single) with CP-ASEL, and CFII ratings. I would be
looking at getting my ATP and about 50 hours multi-time. I am looking at
applying with the regionals and am willing to go anywhere in the US.

"Jim Macklin" wrote in
:

Old December 10th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Baum

On Dec 9, 6:06 pm, "nobody" wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

There was a company that used to sell multi-time really cheap. I think they
were freight dogs and only let you touch the controls at altitude. I don't
remember any more details. It sounded like a good deal for someone who only
needed the sign off and no real experience.- Hide quoted text -

If thats the place in Colorado, they got shut down by the feds.
Similar deal in DFW many years ago. They got shut down too.
Old December 10th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

There were companies that sold multiengine time as copilots on Beech 18s
doing mail runs. The accident rate was very high, the Post Office put a
stop to the practice. The FAA 135 rules make such phony employment illegal
now.

Old December 10th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Go to Spartan or Flight Safety and get the ATP and CFI ME, they will hire
you when you get the ticket, which will take about 25 hours total, then you
get paid to instruct in the school for 50-100 hours a month. There are lots
of schools that hire their "good" graduates and absorb the low time MEI.
Check in your area.

You can also take the ATP ride in a single and then do the MEL as an add-on
ATP.

Old December 10th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Actually, Jim Macklin did not say that.

Old December 10th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jackal24

"Jim Macklin" wrote in
:

Go to Spartan or Flight Safety and get the ATP and CFI ME, they will
hire you when you get the ticket, which will take about 25 hours
total, then you get paid to instruct in the school for 50-100 hours a
month. There are lots of schools that hire their "good" graduates and
absorb the low time MEI. Check in your area.

I would rather get done in just a couple of weeks. I have around $10k to
spend on this. (a donation)

You can also take the ATP ride in a single and then do the MEL as an
add-on ATP.

What would be the point of that?