Painless Removal of External Male Catheter? (ouch)

Old April 26th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Painless Removal of External Male Catheter? (ouch)

Mentor has two different lines. The Standard Care is the one I use. I
was advised that the Active Care line is the one with the more
aggressive adhesive.
The Zee Medical catheters were almost impossible to remove- It took a
long hot shower and substantial swearing. And even then there was
adhesive residue left. Wish I''d known abouut the detachol. I wasn't
going to risk any of the solvents I rely on in fiberglass layups, paint
removal or metal prep. The concept of "You First" is highly developed
in aviation, and I believe in it.

Old April 26th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Mark,

First of all we all know that you require the LARGE male catheters
which are not fit for any mammal this side of a horse. Secondly, a
well and gently applied razor to the "area" that is covered makes a
world of difference. Besides, being "Metrosexual" is what it's all
about for the hip guys these days! So taking a razor to It also has
it's advantages with the ladies...

Echo X-Ray out.

Old April 26th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The best way to feel no pain at the removal of an external catheter
is a two-step process. Best done at the crew vehicle on the side which
does not face the office, flight line, etc.
1. Slam your fingers in the door of the car.
2. Whilst jumping up and down screaming "AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!" (or
similar), quickly remove the catheter with the other hand.

OR

1. Use a non-aggressive adhesive catheter as described above.
2. Trim excess hair before use.
Swearing is only optional in this method.

Thanks, Dave. Will look for Detachol, sounds good.
Jim

Old April 26th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I've been getting them on-line from an outfit called Stadium Pal. They
are resellers; the actual maker is identified on the package. They
come off reasonably painlessly unless I'm careless and capture some
hair. I generally leave the condom portion in place until I get home
or to the motel and shower.

Ray Warshaw
1LK

Old April 26th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Mark628CA wrote:
Not all catheters are the same.

Yes, I have found that they fall into two categories, the kind that
don't stay on, and the kind that don't come off. After too many bad
experiences with the ones that don't stay on, I've switched the the
ones that don't come off.