Most fun flying with your clothes on!

Old February 12th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default Most fun flying with your clothes on!

yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea!

Congrats, Michelle.

[All in favor of Michelle posting pictures of herself flying a seaplane with
her clothes off signify by saying "aye!"]

Old February 12th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Michelle P wrote:
I have a friend, Chester Lawson, here at Spruce Creek, who teaches MES
in a Super Widgeon. People come from all over the world to get their MES
from him.

If I can get an ATP MEL/MES I will consider it.

I've always wanted to do this... seems like an easy way to avoid a biennial.
I've already got comm-inst-ASMEL. The local guy I mentioned before is flying
some lightweight single like a Taylorcraft or something similar on floats off
Lake Wylie, SC.

Where is Spruce Creek, if you know? And where is Jack Brown's? I know it's in
Winter Haven but I'm not sure what that's close to in Florida.

Yes, I know I'm being lazy but what the hell... you brought it up!

As an aside, my dad flew (amongst others) the SA-16 Albatross when he was in Air
Rescue at Otis AFB on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I asked him his biggest
impression of flying that manly beast and he looked at me and said: "HUH?"

Apparently it was a bit loud.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old February 12th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Michelle P wrote:

[...]

Spruce creek is near Daytona, I believe. Winter Haven is about 30
minutes south of Orlando.

Huh? The cub is not that loud. We flew with the window open. It was a
little cold in the morning.

Michelle
Old February 12th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Dan Luke wrote:
yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea!

Congrats, Michelle.

[All in favor of Michelle posting pictures of herself flying a seaplane with
her clothes off signify by saying "aye!"]

Thank You,

Uh Only one person has seen me fly with my clothes off. Me. You would
have to become a lot closer to see me with anything but a full set of
clothes on.

Michelle ;-)
Old February 12th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Michelle P" wrote:
Dan Luke wrote:
yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea!

Congrats, Michelle.

[All in favor of Michelle posting pictures of herself flying a seaplane
with her clothes off signify by saying "aye!"]

Thank You,

Uh Only one person has seen me fly with my clothes off. Me. You would have
to become a lot closer to see me with anything but a full set of clothes
on.

Michelle ;-)

Oh, well. We can dream, can't we?

Enjoy your new rating.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old February 12th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

Michelle P wrote:
I have a friend, Chester Lawson, here at Spruce Creek, who teaches MES
in a Super Widgeon. People come from all over the world to get their MES
from him.

If I can get an ATP MEL/MES I will consider it.

I've always wanted to do this... seems like an easy way to avoid a biennial.
I've already got comm-inst-ASMEL. The local guy I mentioned before is flying
some lightweight single like a Taylorcraft or something similar on floats off
Lake Wylie, SC.

Where is Spruce Creek, if you know?

Spruce Creek is near Daytona Beach, and is the largest (and best, IMHO)
residential airpark in the world. See scpoa.com .

And where is Jack Brown's? I know it's
in
Winter Haven but I'm not sure what that's close to in Florida.

Jack Brown's is on a lake next to the Winter Haven (GIF) airport, about
halfway between Tampa and Orlando. They do most of their instruction in
Cubs (and a Legend Cub) on floats.
Old February 12th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Michelle P" wrote)
[All in favor of Michelle posting pictures of herself flying a seaplane
with her clothes off signify by saying "aye!"]

Uh Only one person has seen me fly with my clothes off. Me. You would have
to become a lot closer to see me with anything but a full set of clothes
on.

Congratulations on the rating Michelle!

"(They Long To Be) Close To You"

Words & Music: Burt Bacharach & Hal David

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

On the day that you were born
The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold
And starlight in your eyes of blue.

Wahhhhhhhhhhh, close to you.
Wahhhhhhhhhhh, close to you.
Hahhhhhhhhhhh, close to you.
Lahhhhhhhhhhh, close to you.

"So, do I get a peak?"

"Ok, but we're going inverted first."

"Huh?"

"Men are clueless!"

[later in the flight]

"Oh boy. We're going inverted. We're going inverted."

"There. You happy now?"

"I think I'm going to be sick...."

"I KNEW this was a bad idea!"

Montblack :-)

Old February 12th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Feb 12, 11:39 am, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

As an aside, my dad flew (amongst others) the SA-16 Albatross when he was in Air
Rescue at Otis AFB on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I asked him his biggest
impression of flying that manly beast and he looked at me and said: "HUH?"

Apparently it was a bit loud.

A cool, old flying boat. A few years back I got a few hours stick time
in a Mallard going up to Nashua NH. Wished I'd had an ANR headset for
that trip - after t/o until the props were synched, I thought my head
would explode. Throttle, prop & mixture controls hung down from the
cockpit ceiling, which was interesting.

I keep thinking about a SES add-on just for fun. There's a place here
in CT that offers seaplane training. I did some flying in a Caravan
amphib into NYC's East River a few years back that was nothing short
of incredible.

Old February 12th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Michelle P" wrote in message
. net...
Steve Foley wrote:
"Michelle P" wrote in message
k.net...

yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!

I took a picture of a Maule on floats in Greenville in 2005. You want it?

Yeah!
Remove the obvious stuff from my email address.
Michelle

I'll dig it out. It's on an old PC in the basement that I've been meaning to
copy photos from.

Old February 12th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Feb 12, 1:41 pm, "Montblack" Y4_NOT!...
wrote:

snip godawful 70's flashback tune

Quoting horrible Carpenters' songs in their entirety will NOT earn you
any points on this forum, bub...