"bush flying" in the suburbs?

Old December 8th 04, 10:19 PM
G.R. Patterson III

PJ Hunt wrote:

This statute applies to commercial operations.

So you CAN go alone or take your friends, as long as you don't charge them
or receive a reward, and land in all the fields you want without prior
permission from the 'commission. Of course you would want to approve it
with the land owner first.

Rich asked for a definition of "approved". That's what Gig provided. The section
he quoted does prohibit commercial operations, but no claim has been made that
that's the entire law in New Jersey. Perhaps "zatatime" can provide a reference
to the statute that prohibits other operations?

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old December 8th 04, 10:57 PM
Newps

So all this bitching going on the last few years over GA losing its
rights out East and all along this was on the books? Cry me a river.

zatatime wrote:
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:32:57 -0600, "Gig Giacona"
wrote:

6:1-43 No
aircraft or airman shall utilize, land, or take off from any area of land
or water, unless that area is licensed for such activity, or found and
declared by the commissioner to be vital or necessary for avigation
purposes.

Thanks.

Old December 8th 04, 11:01 PM
Newps

We have a guy here that has a 1500 pound thing he hangs from his
Jetranger each Christmas. It is Santa in his sleigh and a couple of
reindeer. There's about a thousand lights being run from the generator
bungied to the skids. He flies without any lights on the copter and the
route is published in the paper on Dec 23 each year. His whole flight
takes him a couple hours.

Judah wrote:

zatatime wrote in
:

snip

I used to know a helicopter pilot who flew Santa in and out of
a small field in town,

Cool! I didn't realize Santa had a Chauffer.

I guess as the world gets more and more populated, the Reindeer just
don't cut it anymore...

Old December 8th 04, 11:14 PM
Matt Whiting

Drew Dalgleish wrote:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:26:01 GMT, "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

"zatatime" wrote in message
. ..

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:19:40 GMT, "Blueskies"
wrote:

A 'proper license' should not be too hard to come by. How do you get one?

Again, I do not have the specific documentation, but in a nutshell, if
it's for private use, you need to adhere to all the State DOT regs
pertaining to Private Use Airports. If it's for public use, you need
to comply with those requirements, i.e. Airport Safety Zone, 7 to 1
glide ratio to a certain distance away from the runway, lighting as
applicable, etc...

I know someone who did this for a heliport in Northern NJ, it took
quite a while, and cost a bunch of money.

HTH.

Here in ID, your runway has to be 2000' from the nearest neighbor to get
approval for a new airstrip. In practice, this takes quite a bit of land,
hundreds of acres.

Mike
MU-2

Wow sucks to be you guys. In Canada we can pretty much land and take
off wherever we please

Just because not enough people want to live in Canada to provide
neighbors within 2000 feet is no reason to get arrogant! :-)

Matt

Old December 8th 04, 11:28 PM
G.R. Patterson III

wrote:

6:1-43 No
aircraft or airman shall utilize, land, or take off from any area of land
or water, unless that area is licensed for such activity, or found and
declared by the commissioner to be vital or necessary for avigation
purposes.

You've cut out the part that says this applies only to fields "operated
exclusively by and for government".

Old December 9th 04, 12:05 AM
Brian Burger

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, C Kingsbury wrote:

"Drew Dalgleish" wrote in message

Wow sucks to be you guys. In Canada we can pretty much land and take
off wherever we please

Benefits of having a country the size of the lower 48 but the population of
New York.

Bigger than the lower 48, actually, by a fair bit. Only Russia is bigger,
by land area... (even after the USSR spun off the Ukraine, the 'stans, and
stuff, Russia is still bigger!)

Brian.
www.warbard.ca/avgas/index.html
Old December 9th 04, 12:39 AM
zatatime

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:19:42 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

PJ Hunt wrote:

This statute applies to commercial operations.

So you CAN go alone or take your friends, as long as you don't charge them
or receive a reward, and land in all the fields you want without prior
permission from the 'commission. Of course you would want to approve it
with the land owner first.

Rich asked for a definition of "approved". That's what Gig provided. The section
he quoted does prohibit commercial operations, but no claim has been made that
that's the entire law in New Jersey. Perhaps "zatatime" can provide a reference
to the statute that prohibits other operations?

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.

This is snipped from what was posted and seems to me to cover the
issue.

No
aircraft or airman shall utilize, land, or take off from any area of land
or water, unless that area is licensed for such activity, or found and
declared by the commissioner to be vital or necessary for avigation
purposes.

If this does not cover the issue, I'll try to find time to call the
State DOT for clarification of what statute applies. I only know from
practical knowledge that it is not allowed.

HTH.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Bu$h Jr's Iran-Contra -- The Pentagone's Reign of Terror PirateJohn Military Aviation 1 September 6th 03 10:05 AM