Neville Shute Fans

Old November 19th 05, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Neville Shute Fans

Anyone out there who likes Neville Shute's aviation books should
check out Amazon or Barnes & Noble's web sites for "The Mannerheim
Line" and "The Last Flight of the Blue Goose". Here are some reader
comments from Amazon that got me hooked:

Reviewer: A reader
As a Nevil Shute fan I always wondered what happened to the Viceroy
parked in the rear of the Airspeed Ltd. hangar that Shute described in
his book Slide Rule. Now I know. Airspeed Ltd., Nevil Norway and the
Viceroy are all packed into The Mannerheim Line. If you like Nevil
Shute you'll like this book--it's a great read.

Reviewer: A reader
WWII story and mystery with a twist will prove a good read for history
buffs and mystery fans alike. A lot of interesting detail on WWII
vintage aircraft with a good plot. Anyone who enjoyed "Trustee from the
Toolroom" by Neville Shute will also enjoy this book.