GA is priceless

Old December 29th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_5_]

Default GA is priceless

"Buck Murdock" wrote in message
Is anyone else picturing our resident troll playing Flight Sim when they
watch this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pgOmlHE2k

Thanks, so much!

That kid needs help!

And now I have a picture of MX to go by. g
--
Jim in NC

Old December 29th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Orval Fairbairn writes:

I would hazard a guess that "MX" prefers porn/"simsex" to the real
thing, too -- no STDs, no pregnancies, no "red plague," no "headaches,"
etc.

I'm not interested in sex, and I'd prefer flying (real or simulated)
over it any day (provided there were no safety issues).

Old December 29th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BucFan

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Ron Lee writes:

Name one.

California, which is the model for a number of other States. Others
include Arizona, Texas, Utah, and Rhode Island.

Site the statute please.

In these States, exceeding a posted speed limit may be taken as prima
facie evidence of speeding, but it is not actually illegal. A person
cited for speeding under this type of statute may successfully defend
against the citation by demonstrating that his speed was in fact
reasonable and prudent for conditions despite being above the posted
speed limit.

This is crap. Not true. If you get a tciket for going over the posted
limit and try to get out of it using the defense described above, the judge
will probably give you a greater fine than if you had just paid the ticket.

Montana was the last state that had reasonable and prudent, during daylight
hours and good weather, speed limits. They were lost when some a**hole
decided to fight his $5 ticket.

There are also absolute limits, which may be universal in some States,
but may apply only to certain situations in others. For example, in
Arizona, speed limits in school zones and on highways are absolute,
but most others are subject to the "reasonable and prudent" law.

Old December 29th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

BucFan writes:

Site the statute please.

You can look this up in about eight seconds on Google, but the statute
in California is the California Vehicle Code, Division 11, Chapter 7,
Article 1, Section 22350, Basic Speed Law.

In Arizona, see the Arizona Revised States, 28-701.

This is crap. Not true. If you get a tciket for going over the posted
limit and try to get out of it using the defense described above, the judge
will probably give you a greater fine than if you had just paid the ticket.

Some judges are corrupt. But reasonable and prudent speed is a valid
defense, and the corruption of individuals does not invalidate the
law.

Montana was the last state that had reasonable and prudent, during daylight
hours and good weather, speed limits. They were lost when some a**hole
decided to fight his $5 ticket.

MCA 2005 61-8-803 still mentions reasonable and prudent speeds,
although they are quite restricted in application.

In any case, California and Arizona still have reasonable and prudent
laws, as I've just demonstrated, so Montana is not the "last state."
You can look up the specifics for other States yourself.

Old December 29th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Mxsmanic writes:

In Arizona, see the Arizona Revised States, 28-701.

States = Statutes

Old December 29th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article . com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

With GA, there is little need for too many intermediate en route
hotels!
:-)

And if you are an enterprising enturpreneur who happens to fly, you want
to believe that the middle of the continent is probably a good place to
put a hotel.
Old December 29th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article .com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

MX is obviously not stupid, yet his responses are stubbornly illogical
at times. In my experience with the public I have found that this
trait isn't unusual -- so perhaps I'm just more used to it than you
are?

Or possibly based on his virtual perception of reality.
Old December 29th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

You said "the incredible utility and convenience of GA," but GA is
neither convenient nor useful, specifically because of issues like
weather that make it impossible to depend on GA.

Duane Cole flew from one corner of the United States to another every
week for many years in a single seat, clipped wing Tcraft. He never once
missed an airshow because of a weather delay.
Old December 29th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:
Jose writes:

But it is illegal to drive at 70 when the posted speed limit
is 55 (which it is for many places where 70 is perfectly safe).

Many States have "reasonable and prudent" laws for speed control, so
driving over the posted limit isn't necessarily illegal,

No states do.

Old December 29th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

BucFan wrote:

Montana was the last state that had reasonable and prudent, during daylight
hours and good weather, speed limits. They were lost when some a**hole
decided to fight his $5 ticket.

It wasn't a $5 ticket. He got a ticket for going about 120 mph on a two
lane highway. His car was a late 70's big hunk of steel, a big old
Caprice or similar. Ticket was well over $100. He went to court.
Judge upheld the ticket but threw out the reasonable and prudent law,
which forced the next legislature to set a speed limit. That's how we
have a 75 MPH limit and the first 10 over are still the $5 ticket that
does not get entered into the computer.

Dual glide slope, $95...priceless! Jack Allison Owning 20 October 22nd 06 03:45 AM
Priceless Tugs kojak Owning 0 August 9th 05 10:25 PM
"Priceless" in Afghanistan Pechs1 Naval Aviation 34 March 7th 04 06:27 AM
"Priceless" in Afghanistan BUFDRVR Military Aviation 15 February 28th 04 04:17 PM
Priceless in Afganistan breyfogle Military Aviation 18 February 24th 04 05:54 AM