Pawnee Tow Release

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5th 19, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Pawnee Tow Release

I am currently rebuilding another Pawnee and converting from a spray plane to a tow plane. Extensive work has been completed on this bird, and I am about ready to install the tow hook. This is the third Pawnee that I have converted and I have used the hopper dump handle as the tow release handle which provides a huge amount of leverage and also a easy to get to location. I most cases the tow handle release is located on the floor, which causes the pilot to reach down to get to the handle. In this case the hopper release handle is just to the left side of the pilot and requires no bending down and allows the pilot to keep their eye on flying the plane. It requires just a bit of modification to make this conversion and in my case the inspector was impressed with the application.
If any of you are considering converting a Pawnee you should consider this modification.

Piper PA-25 Pawnee pics [04/11] - Pawnee pulls a glider.jpg (1/1) Miloch Aviation Photos 0 November 10th 18 04:53 PM
Piper PA-25 Pawnee pics [01/11] - A Swift glider is performing continuous full rolls while being towed by a Pawnee.jpg (1/1) Miloch Aviation Photos 0 November 10th 18 04:53 PM
Pawnee Tost Release Mike125 Soaring 1 April 16th 08 03:59 PM
Tow Release Handles for Pawnee and C182 [email protected] Soaring 2 March 12th 07 03:40 AM
WTB towhook release for Piper Pawnee [email protected] Soaring 2 November 22nd 06 04:29 PM