A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

Old August 27th 19, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland
external usenet poster

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 10:55:23 AM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:
Gary,

The response time of a fire truck going to Seminole-Lake is one item that affects insurance premiums. Since we are a commercial entity that has a 10,000 gallon fuel tank next to a hangar, having a supply of water nearby is a very good thing. Next time your out, we have a metal fence around a small dog house box next to the office. Inside that box is a hook up just like a fire hydrant. A fire truck can use our pool water as a water source. As in most rural areas, we do not have any fire hydrants anywhere near the property.

Hi Rich, I was sitting out on the porch one day and said, it's pretty cool to have a pool at the airport. Then, someone told the story about how they would use the water for a fire if it ever occurred. Seems like a great idea.... Hmmm, I was thinking they would throw a hose into the pool from the fire truck to get the water. Great idea with the hookup! And in the meantime, happy swimming!

Gary
Old August 27th 19, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hi Rich,

Thank kindly writing things said nice good about me. Please keep working hard to manage airport that I purchase for with stolen money. Soon I release my Romanian prison cell soon. Truly I will rise from the ashes like phoenix, slowly.

Keep my deportation between you and me. Distract the people.

You will now sell all of my airport for the highest price in the history of prices for glider airports ever. Then move the money to my off shore accounts. Together we will manage my fortune, I receive 100% and you 0%.

Kind Regards - MT

PS did you see me here? https://youtu.be/d66bmjxklfA

PSS I see US here, https://youtu.be/tDblm82uez8 At 5:58 in video I show my prison mates you fly. Romania cheers for Rich to win Seniors.
Old August 27th 19, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 8:00:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hi Rich,

Thank kindly writing things said nice good about me. Please keep working hard to manage airport that I purchase for with stolen money. Soon I release my Romanian prison cell soon. Truly I will rise from the ashes like phoenix, slowly.

Keep my deportation between you and me. Distract the people.

You will now sell all of my airport for the highest price in the history of prices for glider airports ever. Then move the money to my off shore accounts. Together we will manage my fortune, I receive 100% and you 0%.

Kind Regards - MT

PS did you see me here? https://youtu.be/d66bmjxklfA

PSS I see US here, https://youtu.be/tDblm82uez8 At 5:58 in video I show my prison mates you fly. Romania cheers for Rich to win Seniors.

LOL! The list of "selected videos" included the TED talk "How to Spot a Liar!"
Old August 27th 19, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]
external usenet poster

Here we go again. This guy who is pretending to be Mihai uses ISP's all over the US and the Bahamas. We reported him to Google so his gmail account should be terminated shortly. I will always respond to telephone calls to anyone who wants to know the current status of the business. Doing so on Rec Aviation Soaring only brings out the trolls.

Rich
Old August 28th 19, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.
external usenet poster

I just hope Seminole remains open and is competently managed.

Yes ownership issues may be a problem.
However to me the main issue is that the sport of gliding and soaring is in decline in the U.S.
As a glider pilot I am happy to have the facility available.

No, I am not saying the owner should get a pass on any illegal activity just because he owns a glider port. However I am willing to let the law both local and / or international resolve those issues.
Old August 28th 19, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 1:12:09 PM UTC-7, Rich Owen wrote:
Here we go again. This guy who is pretending to be Mihai uses ISP's all over the US and the Bahamas. We reported him to Google so his gmail account should be terminated shortly. I will always respond to telephone calls to anyone who wants to know the current status of the business. Doing so on Rec Aviation Soaring only brings out the trolls.

Rich

So, how was that impostor that was convicted in Romania going by the name Mihai Tanjala?
Old August 28th 19, 02:12 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Aug 2010

I'm sure everyone hopes that SLGP will remain an active and viable GliderPort for years to come. While there is no love lost between myself and SLGP I too hope to see it continue and thrive. One never knows as one flies around central Fla when one might need a landable environment nearby.

The questions about Mihai are valid ones for this or any other similar forum and to try to suppress this conversation seems to suggest censorship in my opinion. He is the owner of a gliderport and this is a soaring forum. Mihai seemed to be a likable enough guy but I recall many conversations about his background when I was a new arrival/glider student at SLGP, most suggesting that he might have been a somewhat less than savory character. Who knows? As I have said in the past, one does not know what one does not know...

What I find most curious is the suggestion that Mihai is walking aound Romania free as a bird. His departure from the Cayman islands did not appear to be voluntary as his comments about fearing for his life would suggest.

It would make sense that if he is free he would want to sell the glideport. Considering that the court decision of Martin, Jordan and Anderson, March 2016 noted that he was removable based on a conviction of a crime of moral turpitude it would seem unlikely that he would qualify for a Visa for reentry, notwithtnding his ownership of the property. Could he have wrongly been convicted by Romania? Anything is possible, I'm sure many of us have had things said about us that were inaccurate.

I don't expect that there will be a line of investors/buyers ready to put down 2.9 million dollars for the place. What would make more sense to me would be that the well heeled owners of property on the airport would come together and make an offer. Perhaps Rich could head up that process thereby securing the facility for many years to come for those expensive composite airships. Hire a manager, tow pilot and intructor or two and you're off to the races.

Now with a Hurricane bearing down on us I would suggest that they batton down the hatches out there or this conversation might take a different turn.

Walt
Old August 28th 19, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 2:43:07 PM UTC-4, Walt Connelly wrote:
I'm sure everyone hopes that SLGP will remain an active and viable
GliderPort for years to come. While there is no love lost between
myself and SLGP I too hope to see it continue and thrive. One never
knows as one flies around central Fla when one might need a landable
environment nearby.

The questions about Mihai are valid ones for this or any other similar
forum and to try to suppress this conversation seems to suggest
censorship in my opinion. He is the owner of a gliderport and this is a
soaring forum. Mihai seemed to be a likable enough guy but I recall
many conversations about his background when I was a new arrival/glider
student at SLGP, most suggesting that he might have been a somewhat less
than savory character. Who knows? As I have said in the past, one does
not know what one does not know...

What I find most curious is the suggestion that Mihai is walking aound
Romania free as a bird. His departure from the Cayman islands did not
appear to be voluntary as his comments about fearing for his life would
suggest.

It would make sense that if he is free he would want to sell the
glideport. Considering that the court decision of Martin, Jordan and
Anderson, March 2016 noted that he was removable based on a conviction
of a crime of moral turpitude it would seem unlikely that he would
qualify for a Visa for reentry, notwithtnding his ownership of the
property. Could he have wrongly been convicted by Romania? Anything is
possible, I'm sure many of us have had things said about us that were
inaccurate.

I don't expect that there will be a line of investors/buyers ready to
put down 2.9 million dollars for the place. What would make more sense
to me would be that the well heeled owners of property on the airport
would come together and make an offer. Perhaps Rich could head up that
process thereby securing the facility for many years to come for those
expensive composite airships. Hire a manager, tow pilot and intructor or
two and you're off to the races.

Now with a Hurricane bearing down on us I would suggest that they batton
down the hatches out there or this conversation might take a different
turn.

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

Walt, I commend you for your understanding of this situation and the desire to keep SLG a fantastic soaring site for all to enjoy. Unfortunately this situation is volatile and a lot depends on international laws and courts. I have been at the ugly end of the international court battles for property. My involvement was zero, but I lost may dollars because I could not retrieve my personal property after the federal marshals lock up the said facilities and nothing was moved until the issue was settled. Trust me, this gets very ugly! We all can only hope that this situation can be resolved and move forward. Bob

Old August 28th 19, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 8:37:47 PM UTC-6, Mike N. wrote:
I just hope Seminole remains open and is competently managed.

Yes ownership issues may be a problem.
However to me the main issue is that the sport of gliding and soaring is in decline in the U.S.
As a glider pilot I am happy to have the facility available.

No, I am not saying the owner should get a pass on any illegal activity just because he owns a glider port. However I am willing to let the law both local and / or international resolve those issues.

For those who may not have noticed, at least five commercial operations are not operating this year. Sylvania Soaring Adventures and Walla Walla Soaring reportedly due to insurance costs. Stowe Soaring and Teton Aviation (glider activity) as a result of the fatal accidents last year. Citrus Soaring due to Franklin Burbank relocating to Bermuda High Soaring. Mile High Gliding in Colorado changed ownership after being on the market for a few years.

Frank Whiteley
Old August 29th 19, 08:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]
external usenet poster

For those who may not have noticed, at least five commercial

operations
are=
not operating this year. Sylvania Soaring Adventures and Walla Walla
Soar=
ing reportedly due to insurance costs. Stowe Soaring and Teton

Aviation
(gl=
ider activity) as a result of the fatal accidents last year. Citrus
Soaring=
due to Franklin Burbank relocating to Bermuda High Soaring. Mile

High
Gli=
ding in Colorado changed ownership after being on the market for a

few
year=
s.

Frank Whiteley

and Ridge Soaring has been on the 'for sale' market for how long?
Seems to me you need to think of a plan to buy some of these
properties up and establish non profit clubs at them -maybe a 'culture
change' is required in the US.