Float Plane Accident

Old October 30th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Schumann

Default Float Plane Accident

The ultimate ditch the wives incident:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/15873540.htm

--
Mike Schumann

Old October 30th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ben Jackson

On 2006-10-30, Mike Schumann wrote:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/15873540.htm

If someone had come to the group with this as an idea for a movie, he
would have been laughed off the internet:

The floats hit the water and broke off, police said. The women,
who were seated in plane, were ejected through a hole in either
the side or the bottom of the plane, formed when the landing
gear ripped off, Pott said. They landed in the lake, where a
witness rescued them.
The pilot of the plane was able to pull up and away from the
water and come to some sort of a skidding landing in a nearby
field in Columbus in Anoka County. Neither the pilot nor a
fourth occupant were injured.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Old October 30th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bela P. Havasreti

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:30:09 GMT, "Mike Schumann"
wrote:

The ultimate ditch the wives incident:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/15873540.htm

--
Mike Schumann

I "saw" that accident on the prelim run today, and couldn't help
wonder what actually happened (have a look at the actual prelim text
input into the FAA database):

ACFT LOST POWER, FLOATS FELL OFF, TWO PASSENGERS JUMPED OUT INTO THE
LAKE, THE PILOT WAS THEN ABLE TO LAND AT A GRASS STIP, FOREST LAKE, MN

Bela P. Havasreti
Old October 30th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_1_]

wrote:

The ultimate ditch the wives incident:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/15873540.htm

--
Mike Schumann

I "saw" that accident on the prelim run today, and couldn't help
wonder what actually happened (have a look at the actual prelim text
input into the FAA database):

ACFT LOST POWER, FLOATS FELL OFF, TWO PASSENGERS JUMPED OUT INTO THE
LAKE, THE PILOT WAS THEN ABLE TO LAND AT A GRASS STIP, FOREST LAKE, MN

Bela P. Havasreti

Jumped?!?!?!?!?!????? . . Out of a moving airplane and not in the
skydiving mode??????

I will wait for the rest of the story on this one.

John

Old October 31st 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

"Mike Schumann" wrote in news:BEq1h.1399
:

The ultimate ditch the wives incident:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/15873540.htm

The question is, were the husbands ditching the wives, or were the wives
ditching the husbands?

My wife doesn't like my driving at all. I imagine that in the situation
described, she would jump out if I refused to relinquish control of the
vehicle.
Old October 31st 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

I just got word from a local pilot/businessman that knows the pilot and
airplane in question. Word is that this guy has an over allotment of stupid
pills and takes them regularly, often before flying.
Jim

Old October 31st 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Veteran pilot attempts buzz job or strafing run and the rest of the story is
remarkably just as was written in the article from what I've been told.
I've got a friend that knows the people at Wipaire, plus the group's own
Montblack is an Anoka native. I'm sure we'll learn more when the plane is
repaired and when Montblack gets a new hamster for his PC.

Jim

Old October 31st 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bela P. Havasreti

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:12:56 GMT, Judah wrote:

"Mike Schumann" wrote in news:BEq1h.1399
:

The ultimate ditch the wives incident:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/15873540.htm

The question is, were the husbands ditching the wives, or were the wives
ditching the husbands?

My wife doesn't like my driving at all. I imagine that in the situation
described, she would jump out if I refused to relinquish control of the
vehicle.

More info with a video clip:

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_301165817.html

Apparently the wives are fine (one has a broken ankle). Wonder if
the pilot(s) will be OK when the wives get home.... 8^)

BTW, the '59 C-180 in question was a past (2003) grand champion at
Oshkosh.

Bela P. Havasreti