Sad day for Mxsmanic

Old February 25th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Sad day for Mxsmanic

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article
,
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

On Feb 22, 11:59 am, John Godwin wrote:
It seems as if Microsoft is pulling the plug on MS Flight Simulator.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7902468.stm

--

To be honest its a bit sad. I certainly don't have time to do all the
real flying I need to do (I have a waiting list of students) much less

I wouldn't worry. While MS may have hit the point of diminishing
returns, there is still certainly a place in the market for simulators.
X-Plane is going to get a huge boost from this, and I'll bet than one or
two new simulators will be popping up to fill the void.

I did see that X-Plane is now sold at Best Buy, that alone has to help
sales.

Old February 26th 09, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Maxwell wrote:

MSFS is so much like really flying, they have to consider the aging fleet.
Sooner or later we are going to start seeing structural code failures in
versions that have not been properly maintained.

OK... Now that _is_ a funny...
Old February 26th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Steve Foley wrote:

No it cannot. It would end in disaster.

Not if they set "realism" to low... G

The switch is right next to the eject button in a Baron. I'm sure it's
in a similar spot in any "real" aircraft.

That's what Sully did! He slid the Airbus "realism" slider to low,
which made for an easy landing on the Hudson River.

Old February 27th 09, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Clark writes:

As usual you miss the point entirely. You claimed that nothing was required
but flipping a few switches and such. Go out and stop an aircraft and then
come back and tell us all how easy it was.

Done. Just apply the brakes.
Old February 27th 09, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Steve Foley writes:

I have first hand knowledge of what needs to be done.

So do I.

I contend it cannot be done, and as evidence, I offer that
it has never been done.

Lightning cannot strike my house, because it never has.
Old February 27th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com writes:

Bull****. Not even the G1000 in MSX is even close to complete.

I'm not sure what MSX is. In MSFS, G1000 simulations vary in accuracy with
the source. The Reality XP simulations of Garmin 430 and 530 units are
complete and accurate, at least. (I don't use a G1000 and I have no interest
in doing so.)
Old February 27th 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Robert M. Gary writes:

I teach glass cockpit training and I see very intelligent, experienced
pilots have lots of trouble working with the automation. In fact I
have *never* encountered a pilot who thought it was easier to fly with
the automation than to fly on old steam gauges.

But the person in the cockpit in this scenario would not be a pilot.

Steam gauges don't fly the plane. Automation doesn't replace the gauges.
Old February 27th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

ManhattanMan writes:

Has nobody thought of who is going to tune the funking radio to someone to
give the newbie driver instructions?

Typically the radio is already tuned to an appropriate ATC frequency.

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 06:17 PM
Mxsmanic : Your results are in Mayo Clinic Piloting 13 May 24th 07 02:01 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 02:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 04:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 9th 06 12:26 AM