Telescope Pictures 51

Old June 6th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
R. Dean

Default Telescope Pictures 51

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Station.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	12177
Old June 6th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

This is an absolutely awesome photo.

Awesome!

Thank you for your hard work and patience and for posting these!

I remember the day when a photo like this would have been "Top Secret -
Handle Via T**** K**** Channels Only"

Regards,

Dave

Old June 6th 07, 01:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
This is an absolutely awesome photo.

Awesome!

Thank you for your hard work and patience and for posting these!

I remember the day when a photo like this would have been "Top
Secret - Handle Via T**** K**** Channels Only"

Regards,

Dave

Have to agree, I've often wondered what a good domestic telescope will
see. Certainly some impressive shots.

Next time you're going to the beach ....

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old June 6th 07, 04:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray O'Hara[_2_]

"R. Dean" wrote in message
. net...

that is the best pic posted here in a long time
and that is no knock on the other pix either.
POTY

Old June 6th 07, 12:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
gpaleo

Excellent!!!!!
Old June 6th 07, 05:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith[_2_]

Would you consider posting a photo of your setup from multiple angles?
Old June 6th 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jens Averbeck

Am Wed, 06 Jun 2007 06:33:40 -0500 schrieb Jim Townsend:

R. Dean wrote:

Well done.. What type of scope?

Hi,

R. Dean has this type of Telescope (he mentioned it some Posts earlier):
http://www.celestron.com/c2/product....D=17&ProdID=97

A Celestron 8" F/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain.

Im more interested which type of Mount he uses, a Fork-Mount or a
Equotorial / German Mount?

The Movement of the Mount must be quite fast to catch up an Airplane with
that Focal-Lenght.

Btw it seems that he also uses Afocal-Projection sometimes (Mounting the
DSLR to an Eyepiece which is put into the Eyepieceholder of the Scope to
dramaticaly increase the Magnify Factor).

Regards
Jens
Old June 6th 07, 08:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
R. Dean

Have not used eyepiece projection or motor drive on any of those shots
but I might try in the future. Just manual tracking. Yes, I'll post a pic
of the setup but I don't have two digital cams so I'll have to wait until
somebody comes over with a camera and it might be this weekend.
Will have some more pictures the first of the week so I'll post the pics
of the camera setup then.
I do appreciate the nice responses to the pics. It is fun doing them
and knowing that other airplane addicts can appreciate them. A final
question....is the ISS "aviation"?. I guess if there are people in them it
is? Or is aviation only in the atmosphere.

Rex

Old June 6th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

. net...

"john smith" wrote in message
Would you consider posting a photo of your setup from multiple angles?

This was the first "hit" that came up
1.
Aviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aviation refers to flying using aircraft, machines designed by humans for
atmospheric flight. More generally, the term also describes the activities,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviation [Found on Google, Windows Live, Ask.com,
Yahoo! Search]

Old June 6th 07, 09:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith

R. Dean wrote:
Have not used eyepiece projection or motor drive on any of those shots
I do appreciate the nice responses to the pics. It is fun doing them
and knowing that other airplane addicts can appreciate them. A final
question....is the ISS "aviation"?. I guess if there are people in them it
is? Or is aviation only in the atmosphere.

Just use the all encompassing term, "aerospace".