A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LX NAV offers new V7 Vario

Old September 11th 13, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LX NAV offers new V7 Vario

On Wednesday, 11 September 2013 07:22:54 UTC+10, Dave Springford wrote:
First, thanks Dan for the detailed description for the XC Soar part. I don't use XC Soar, so I couldn't help with that.

As for the Bluetooth adapter, I'm not sure if a generic unit would work. The LX Nav adapter has an RJ connector that plugs directly to the PDA port on the back of the V7 and is wired correctly. I suppose if someone knew what they were doing, they could probably make one. But, the LX Nav adapter is only 75 Euro compared to hours of tinkering.

Dan, thanks very much for your excellent reply! After all that, I think I may well just get a flarmview (around $300), because I agree, it sounds like the PNA might get a bit cluttered!

Mike - this might help:
http://store.swiftavionics.com.au/v7...etooth-module/

Mark
Old September 12th 13, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

A 57 mm Flarmview unit will be available from LX Nav in October for any one looking for something that mounts a little better in their panel than the current rectangular Flarmview.

Old September 12th 13, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgan[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:08:26 PM UTC-7, Dave Springford wrote:
A 57 mm Flarmview unit will be available from LX Nav in October for any one looking for something that mounts a little better in their panel than the current rectangular Flarmview.

I am very happy with the Flarmview I purchased from Paul Remde. Shocking how small it actually is, so you could pretty easily mount it with any number of standoffs if you needed to. I have it plugged into a Portable unit via a Soartronic BT module. So my Streak gets GPS via bluetooth and the Flarmview is cabled. So far that works well, aside from the portable flarm not performing as well as the Bricks.