The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

Old February 25th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student

Default Very long boring technical discussion of Lift Faries adn ThrustDemons....(NASA)

Newps wrote:

Tim Ward wrote:

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

Wild turkeys can fly, he should have used those.

The only wild turkey I'm experienced with pours not flies.

Tony
Old February 25th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student

"Harry K" wrote

No, no! The feathers were from Oz and the pillow really was flying.

Are you sure it was not "lying?
--
Jim in NC
Old February 25th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Richard Isakson wrote:
"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote ...

First honest thing I've read in this thread. Lift is caused by feathers is

known scientific fact and I can prove it .

I hate to get involved in these "what causes lift" threads but this is
nonsense. An ostrich after all, with all it's feathers, CAN'T FLY. I
already stated a couple weeks ago that flight is magic. A well known fact.
Such silliness as "feathers" and "lift demons" is just an attempt to avoid
being burnt at the stake by the fearful masses.

Rich

Oh, stop it! Stop it! Stop it! This is all pure nonsense and has
nothing to do with MANNED flight. We all know that it is MONEY that
keeps airplanes in the air. I have a whole stack if bills as proof.

--
This is by far the hardest lesson about freedom. It goes against
instinct, and morality, to just sit back and watch people make
Old February 25th 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Default The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

Immanuel Goldstein wrote:
On 2/22/2006 8:05 AM, Jim Macklin enscribed:

I'm sure he voted for Kerry.

How laughable. The American political system is corrupt, and rotting
away like a leprous corpse. Americans still believe they have a
"two-party" system, and this system is used to foment distrust among its
own citizens. This has been true since Woodrow Wilson entered office.

Please refrain from further assumptions about someone you do not know.
Frankly, it makes you appear like an ass. The very act of assumption is
what has biased your thoughts into accepting the ludicrous lies and
"conspiracy theory" you have been told by your government.

Your right. Our political system is corrupt. The only thing worse is
everything else that has ever been tried. Our government lies to us,
but so does so-called 'aeronautical engineers' that propose that
airplanes can't fly in ground effect or that terrorist aren't
intelligent enough to carry a friggin' handheld GPS.

Old February 25th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Ernest Christley wrote:
Richard Isakson wrote:
"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote ...

First honest thing I've read in this thread. Lift is caused by
feathers is

known scientific fact and I can prove it .

I hate to get involved in these "what causes lift" threads but this is
nonsense. An ostrich after all, with all it's feathers, CAN'T FLY. I
already stated a couple weeks ago that flight is magic. A well known
fact.
Such silliness as "feathers" and "lift demons" is just an attempt to
avoid
being burnt at the stake by the fearful masses.

Rich

Oh, stop it! Stop it! Stop it! This is all pure nonsense and has
nothing to do with MANNED flight. We all know that it is MONEY that
keeps airplanes in the air. I have a whole stack if bills as proof.

I can prove you are wrong. It's PAID bills that get men off the
ground. See how long you will fly if you decide to stop paying the bills.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 25th 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student

Tim Ward wrote:

I suspect the problem is that the pillow was filled with "down" feathers.
You need "up" feathers.
Tim Ward

g.

OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo........

Now there s a man who knows his aerodynamics!

Richard
Old February 25th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

I think we have stumbled on something here. The Wright
brothers took many years to build their flying machine and
for the time, lots of money. But the amount was so low that
it isn't even reported, still we can assume that it was more
than the cost of a normal vacation from Ohio to the Atlantic
coast. They flew a few feet off the ground at less than
running speed.
WWI increased spending and the airplanes flew higher and
faster.
WWII spent a lot more money and the airplanes flew even
higher, faster and further.
During the Cold War airplanes got VERY expensive and some
airplanes cost two billion dollars each. This very airplane
can fly around the world, drop bombs and fly home. In each
case, it costs a lot of money.
These new expensive airplanes don't even look like
conventional airplanes, but again, without the money of the
government they don't fly.
Maybe flight is just a government conspiracy to spend money?

Old February 25th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

"Dan" wrote in message
| Ernest Christley wrote:
| Richard Isakson wrote:
| "ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote ...
|
| First honest thing I've read in this thread. Lift is
caused by
| feathers is

| known scientific fact and I can prove it .
|

| I hate to get involved in these "what causes lift"
threads but this is
| nonsense. An ostrich after all, with all it's
feathers, CAN'T FLY. I
| already stated a couple weeks ago that flight is magic.
A well known
| fact.
| Such silliness as "feathers" and "lift demons" is just
an attempt to
| avoid
| being burnt at the stake by the fearful masses.
|
| Rich
|

| Oh, stop it! Stop it! Stop it! This is all pure
nonsense and has
| nothing to do with MANNED flight. We all know that it
is MONEY that
| keeps airplanes in the air. I have a whole stack if
bills as proof.

| I can prove you are wrong. It's PAID bills that get men
off the
| ground. See how long you will fly if you decide to stop
paying the bills.

| Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

What really disturbs me is that almost makes sense. You missed the
part about cup holders. The prices really got out of hand when cup
holders were invented. Are you sure your not one of "them?"

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 25th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Cup holders allowed drinking in flight and that in turn
required "draining the pilot's sump" more often in flight.
This required relief tubes, but then women started flying
and that requires the potty. The potty requires plumbing
and that means plumbers. More money "down the drain" [pun
intended] and then the government started buying toilet
seats and we all heard what THAT cost.

Maybe we could try to build a jet engine that burned paper
trash instead of petroleum products. This could save a lot
of oil and several steps in the process of flight, they
could just directly burn money.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Dan" wrote in message
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| I think we have stumbled on something here. The Wright
| brothers took many years to build their flying machine
and
| for the time, lots of money. But the amount was so low
that
| it isn't even reported, still we can assume that it was
more
| than the cost of a normal vacation from Ohio to the
Atlantic
| coast. They flew a few feet off the ground at less than
| running speed.
| WWI increased spending and the airplanes flew higher and
| faster.
| WWII spent a lot more money and the airplanes flew even
| higher, faster and further.
| During the Cold War airplanes got VERY expensive and
some
| airplanes cost two billion dollars each. This very
airplane
| can fly around the world, drop bombs and fly home. In
each
| case, it costs a lot of money.
| These new expensive airplanes don't even look like
| conventional airplanes, but again, without the money of
the
| government they don't fly.
| Maybe flight is just a government conspiracy to spend
money?

| "Dan" wrote in message
| | Ernest Christley wrote:
| | Richard Isakson wrote:
| | "ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote ...
| |
| | First honest thing I've read in this thread. Lift
is
| caused by
| | feathers is
| |
| |
| | known scientific fact and I can prove it .
| |
| |
| | I hate to get involved in these "what causes lift"
| threads but this is
| | nonsense. An ostrich after all, with all it's
| feathers, CAN'T FLY. I
| | already stated a couple weeks ago that flight is
magic.
| A well known
| | fact.
| | Such silliness as "feathers" and "lift demons" is
just
| an attempt to
| | avoid
| | being burnt at the stake by the fearful masses.
| |
| | Rich
| |
| |
| |
| | Oh, stop it! Stop it! Stop it! This is all pure
| nonsense and has
| | nothing to do with MANNED flight. We all know that
it
| is MONEY that
| | keeps airplanes in the air. I have a whole stack if
| bills as proof.
| |
| |
| | I can prove you are wrong. It's PAID bills that get
men
| off the
| | ground. See how long you will fly if you decide to
stop
| paying the bills.
| |

Old February 25th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

I can prove you are wrong. It's PAID bills that get men off the ground. See how long you will fly if you decide to stop paying the bills.

But there is no net movement of money. It's the money vortex that
provides lift.

Jose