For Sale: 12V 10 AH NiMh Battery Pack

Old February 19th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default For Sale: 12V 10 AH NiMh Battery Pack

New 10 cell Tenergy battery pack with charge and discharge
connectors. Plenty of power for almost any ship, charges much quicker
than a lead acid, also maintains voltage for a longer useable period
than a lead acid of same specs. Measures 12.75" X 2.5 X 1.5 with 3.5"
leads. $80 with shipping in the lower 48.
Old February 20th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Feb 19, 1:44*pm, wrote:
New 10 cell Tenergy battery pack with charge and discharge
connectors. *Plenty of power for almost any ship, charges much quicker
than a lead acid, also maintains voltage for a longer useable period
than a lead acid of same specs. *Measures 12.75" X 2.5 X 1.5 with 3.5"
leads. *$80 with shipping in the lower 48.

Does it come with fire insurance?

Andy
Old February 20th 08, 08:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 19, 8:12*pm, Andy wrote:
On Feb 19, 1:44*pm, wrote:

New 10 cell Tenergy battery pack with charge and discharge
connectors. *Plenty of power for almost any ship, charges much quicker
than a lead acid, also maintains voltage for a longer useable period
than a lead acid of same specs. *Measures 12.75" X 2.5 X 1.5 with 3.5"
leads. *$80 with shipping in the lower 48.

Does it come with fire insurance?

Andy

Hello Andy,

I'm so worried about fire I bought two 5ah NiMh batteries for my own
ship. One of them is sitting in the ship while it's in the trailer
right now, hopefully it won't spontainiously cumbust. Would of used
the 10 ah thats for sale but it's about 3/8" to long for my battery
box. Thanks for the chuckle though. Completly out of respect Andy,
I've used NiMh batteries in other applications that were far more
extreme for some time without them getting anything more than warm.
Like any other battery.....lead acid included....as long as you use
them responsibly and in accordance with how they are intended the risk
factor is extremly low.

If your really concerned about the safety of NiMh & NiCd batteries on
aircraft.....don't ever ride on a commercial airliner
again.....because after all, Boeing and Airbus have no idea what there
doing in terms of safety. What whack job would put a handful of these
electrical grenades on a machine filled with jet fuel and 150 people.

As far as anyone one else intereseted, I'd be happy to entertain
offers. Like I said, I would of used it myself however the battery was
just slightly too large for my ship so I went with two smaller NiMh
packs.

Sorry Andy.....Wasn't trying to put the knife in and twist it, but the
sarcasm level gets high around here at night after a few cold ones.
I'll make it up to you over a beer some time....no hard feelings.

Old February 20th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

On Feb 20, 12:25*am, wrote:
On Feb 19, 8:12*pm, Andy wrote:

On Feb 19, 1:44*pm, wrote:

[...]

Actually the NiNh are not much of a concern, I've crashed them in
various model gliders over the years and never had a problem of fire,
overheating or leaking.

On the other hand the LiOn and LiPoly are a very flamable chemistry
and many situations have occured where they cause a fire if punctured
or improperly charged.

I would love to have the capacity of a LiPoly in my ship but both the
coast and fire danger are too much.

I am interested in the battery pack, if you would email a telephone
number to me I'll call you and talk about it.
cirruscfi(at)gmail(dot)com

For Sale: 12-volt Battery Chargers and Winter Vario 59 Soaring 1 May 23rd 06 07:27 PM
Rage Battery Sale [email protected] Soaring 0 April 7th 05 09:05 PM
Rage Battery Sale [email protected] Soaring 0 April 7th 05 09:05 PM
C & D NiMH Best Deal Larry Home Built 6 October 1st 04 01:41 PM
AA NiMH Best Deal Jim Weir Piloting 26 September 29th 04 07:51 PM