US pilots soon to report their skills?

Old October 12th 04, 02:30 AM
W P Dixon

No they are not , you don't have a dang clue about what you are talking
about. NO ONE HAS BEEN FORCED TO RE-UP. Maybe if you had of served in
something other than the girl scouts you would know the difference. As far
as Bush..I don't like everything he does at all. But I would never vote for
a commie posing as a Democrat that talked nothing but crap of our servicemen
in Vietnam. What kind of morale do you think that would bring to our
fighting men..and NO you ain't one of them!
I end my discussion here...the ignorance has just disgusted me beyond any
more words. Just breaks my heart that my son will fight for the likes of the
chicken****s that are to afraid to serve. Move to France or Canada!

Patrick

"mike regish" wrote in message
They're being illegaly and fraudulently coerced to re-up with threats that
if they don't re-up voluntarily, they will be forced and sent to Iraq.

mike regish

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
Evidently the person doing the complaining about reservists and being

held
over on active duty has 1. Never served in the US military, or 2. Did

not
read that piece of paper when they signed up. I would guess it is the

1st.
have a nephew that was held into active duty serving in Iraq. We wish he
could be home now, but he joined the Army....not the campfire girls. To
intend on joining the US armed forces and then say well "Why do I have

fight" is kind of like saying "I intend on going to Disney World , but I
refuse to listen to "It's A Small World" while I am there." Just
DUMBBBBBB!
HAHA

Patrick

Old October 12th 04, 03:18 AM
Peter Duniho

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
You miss the point , the extension of military duty, IS THE MILITARY. When
you sign up it is there in black and white on the piece of paper the
volunteer signs. If they do not agree with it , then do not sign it , and
do
not join. If you sign well then you belong to the military .

So I guess all the service men and women, and their families, who are
complaining about the surprise extended tours of duty are just a bunch of
whiners? Like I said to Bob...

Uh, okay...

Old October 12th 04, 04:19 AM
mike regish

You ought to tell that to the kid being interviewed on the news the other
day with his face blacked out. They don't "force" them, but if you don't
think they can coerce a confused kid into signing up, you must be on a
respirator because you're too naive to breath.

And if it ever looks like my kids are going to get dragged into this
assholes bull**** war, we are going to Canada.

mike regish

Old October 12th 04, 04:36 AM
Brien K. Meehan

Martin Hotze wrote:
This time the foreigners come better off.

Many of "the foreigners", e.g. Germany, are subject to compulsory
military service or approved alternatives. Are you saying that a draft
makes foreigners better off than those in the US, who have not been
subjected to a draft since 1973?

The Selective Service System was created in the US in 1940. Men in the
United States have been required to register for selective service
since that time (except during the time between during the Ford
administration when registration requirements were suspended, and when
they were resumed by President Carter). So, that part is
less-than-earth-shattering news.

The skills assessment survey described is like one that I've filled out
for every job I've taken with a company large enough to have a
dedicated Human Resources staff of at least 1 person. The goal is to
provide the company with an effective set of resources based on the
available skills. The word on the street is that this survey helps
accomplish this goal.

The entire role of the Selective Service System, as a Federal agency,
is to provide for the contingency of conscription. It has nothing to
do with whether a draft will be imposed or not.

.... but if it is imposed, why would anyone object to SSS being able to
provide resources more effectively? Why keep the government as
inefficient as possible? Who would benefit from that?

It's my understanding that "the foreigners" who are drafted are
normally given assignments NOT related to their skill set. Computer
engineers become cooks, and chefs become truck drivers. It's a waste
of skill and no one is happy about it. Is this how the foreigners come
better off?

Old October 12th 04, 04:36 AM
Brien K. Meehan

Martin Hotze wrote:
can you cook? can you pilot an aircraft? are you into computers?

you're the (wo)man! hmm, this one is only for (US-) citizens,

methinks.
This time the foreigners come better off.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/9/12032/9687

---snip
The proposed changes discussed in this meeting include:

*(...) This non-combat skills draft would induct men and women

ages 18
to 34.
(...)
* Create a single-point, all-inclusive database, in which every

young
person would be forced to send in a "self-declaration"--like an IRS
form--of all of their critical skills, chosen from a long list o f

several
hundred occupations like the Air Force Specialty Code with Skills
Identifier. The usual penalties of imprisonment and/or a $250,000

fine
would apply to all non-registrants.
---snap

#m

--
Somehow, some way, the Left trash talks "multi-national corporations"

and
"big corporations" as if they were messengers of evil, when, in fact,
corporations represent the ultimate, perfect expression of communal
ownership of capital. (Jay Honeck in r.a.p.)

Old October 12th 04, 12:04 PM
Bob Noel

In article , "Peter Duniho"
wrote:

No, no one did. However, someone did twist their arm to get them to
stay
well beyond their expected commitment.

who?

Your claim is that extensions to military tours of duty have all been
voluntary?

Uh, okay...

I made no claim. You claimed that someone did arm-twisting.
So, who was it?

--
Bob Noel
Seen on Kerry's campaign airplane: "the real deal"