InReach Aviation Plan

Old March 25th 14, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default InReach Aviation Plan

The InReach Aviation plan sounds like the best option when comparing to other plans but it is not mentioned on their website nor offered as a subscription option unless specifically requested by phone. I am not sure why. Also it seem that the aviation plan monthly rates offered by phone are almost double from what is listed on Cumulus Soaring. Did other have the same experience?

Ramy
Old March 26th 14, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

I just picked up an inreach when my spot subscription expired.

I got the 24.95 a month recreation plan, unlimited 10 minute tracking,
40 text messages a month.

I see this as a nice upgrade from the spot even with 10 minute tracking,
as the tracking on this is far more reliable.

I looked at the aviation plans, if you really need one minute tracking
be prepared to spend some big bucks on your subscription.

The two way messaging(texting)via satellite when you are out of
cell tower range is my main reason for switching.
Old March 26th 14, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:31:41 PM UTC-7, joesimmers wrote:
I just picked up an inreach when my spot subscription expired.

I got the 24.95 a month recreation plan, unlimited 10 minute tracking,

40 text messages a month.

I see this as a nice upgrade from the spot even with 10 minute tracking,

as the tracking on this is far more reliable.

I looked at the aviation plans, if you really need one minute tracking

be prepared to spend some big bucks on your subscription.

The two way messaging(texting)via satellite when you are out of

cell tower range is my main reason for switching.

Agree. The aviation plan is no longer more attractive than the recreation plan at the price they quoted me unless you need more frequent tracking. But the older aviation plan was cheaper than the recreation plan for 10 min interval, and would have cost the same as the spot subscription plan. But it nearly doubled now. Perhaps I was quoted wrongly over the phone. Still has many benefits over Spot no doubt.

Ramy
Old March 26th 14, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
7K

The Aviation plans have changed to Enterprise plans as of April 1st. They're basically the same for the most part, but the price has gone up a few dollars. Paul sent me a PDF describing the plans and I called to subscribe yesterday.

7K
Old March 26th 14, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Updated DeLorme inReach SE Service Plans
DeLorme has updated the service plans for the inReach SE. I'm very happy
with the changes.

You can see an overview of the 3 service plan options he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/delorme.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old March 26th 14, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

"7K" wrote in message

The Aviation plans have changed to Enterprise plans as of April 1st.

They're basically the same for the most part, but the price has gone up a

few dollars. Paul sent me a PDF describing the plans and I called to

subscribe yesterday.

7K

Paul, can you clarify why you are very happy with the change? I see nearly 100% increase in the aviation plan 1 charge. Sure it is only few bucks more per month, but this translates to nearly twice the annual cost, or at least twice than spot. What am I missing?
I am not saying the added benefit of the inReach vs Spot does not justify the extra cost, but it does come now with significant increase.

Ramy
Old March 26th 14, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

"7K" wrote in message

The Aviation plans have changed to Enterprise plans as of April 1st.

They're basically the same for the most part, but the price has gone up a

few dollars. Paul sent me a PDF describing the plans and I called to

subscribe yesterday.

7K

Paul, can you clarify why you are very happy with the change? I see nearly 100% increase in the aviation plan 1 charge. Sure it is only few bucks more per month, but this translates to nearly twice the annual cost, or at least twice than spot. What am I missing?

I am not saying the added benefit of the inReach vs Spot does not justify the extra cost, but it does come now with significant increase.

Ramy

OK, after further reading I see that they added an option to suspend. So for those who fly 6 month or so it is indeed better. For those unfortunates who flies year around it is now more expensive ;-)

Ramy
Old March 26th 14, 07:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:37:49 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:

For those unfortunates who flies year around it is now more expensive ;-)

Ha! I don't think you are going to get a lot of pity over flying too much.

- Andy
Old March 27th 14, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Ramy,

Good question.

The prices for the aviation plan went up a bit, but I think that is mainly
because the GEOS 24/7 SOS monitoring service was formerly an extra cost
adder and is not included. I'm not happy that the costs went up, but I like
that some of the hidden fees are no longer hidden.

I like that now it is possible to suspend aviation plan for only $5/month
during the non-flying season. That is a great deal here in Minnesota! It
is free to suspend the Freedom plan for any number of months.

I like that for pilots that are OK with 10 minute updates, the Freedom and
Annual Contract plans offer reasonably priced service with unlimited
tracking. That was not an option in the past.

Note: I don't sell the service plans. I don't get any income from the
service plans. I only sell (and fly with) the hardware.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Ramy" wrote in message

Paul, can you clarify why you are very happy with the change? I see nearly
100% increase in the aviation plan 1 charge. Sure it is only few bucks more
per month, but this translates to nearly twice the annual cost, or at least
twice than spot. What am I missing?
I am not saying the added benefit of the inReach vs Spot does not justify
the extra cost, but it does come now with significant increase.

Ramy

What device to use with the InReach? Eric Greenwell[_4_] Soaring 17 March 19th 13 04:54 AM
DeLorme inReach Paul Remde Soaring 8 February 12th 13 07:26 PM
First-ever, 30-year plan Pentagon Aviation Plan Urges IntegratingDrones With Fighter Planes Mike Naval Aviation 0 February 22nd 10 04:07 PM
Flight plan hell, Tales of filing an ADIZ flight plan Michelle P Piloting 30 July 15th 05 06:28 AM
GAO: Navy's Tactical Aviation Integration Plan Is Reasonable Mike Naval Aviation 0 August 13th 04 08:06 PM