comments on displays

Old October 7th 12, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cuflyer

Default comments on displays

Okay, my spare iPaq just crashed on me. I'm down to one to count on.
Time to do something this winter. I know there have been discussions, but as of today, what is the best choice of an -available- display I can run Winpilot on and plug into my 302? A ClearNav is not in my budget.

Thx,
Tim
1FL
Old October 7th 12, 05:15 PM
Lucky812 Lucky812 is offline
Junior Member

I fly in a club glider and for portability between aircraft I am running a Nexus 7 with XCSoar. Easy mounting options, 7" screen, good visibility/readability in sunlight, fast GPS, accelerometer, and you can buy it at your local Walmart for a couple of hundred dollars - with a $20 Google play certificate.
Old October 7th 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I can sell you a mio set up with lk8000 a car charger and a suction cup mount for $125. Comes with any databases you designate ready to play!

Lane
Old October 7th 12, 11:04 PM
Lucky812 Lucky812 is offline
Junior Member

Here is a good comparison video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96zFLuuTbEE&feature=plcp
Old October 7th 12, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:26:41 PM UTC+1, wrote:
I can sell you a mio set up with lk8000 a car charger and a suction cup mount for $125. Comes with any databases you designate ready to play!

Lane

The Nexus 7 means you have to use XCSoar, currently the only soaring flight software to run on Android devices, and it is rather large for many cockpits. I have just bought a GliderGuider, a Windows CE device with a very bright 5 inch screen, which will run most soaring flight programs and is exceptionally suitable for use in a glider cockpit. The same hardware device is sold as a Vertica V2.
Old October 8th 12, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
akiley

If you like your current setup, there are lots of iPaqs on ebay for very cheap. ... Aaron
Old October 8th 12, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Time to do something this winter. I know there have been discussions, but as of today, what is the best choice of an -available- display I can run Winpilot on and plug into my 302?

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/seeyou...hce_pdapna.htm

This is the exact same device as the GliderGuider and the Vertica 2 just without any sort of silk screened name.This would be less expensive as it is from a US source. It is very bright and is receiving high remarks.
Old October 8th 12, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:18:02 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
Time to do something this winter. I know there have been discussions, but as of today, what is the best choice of an -available- display I can run Winpilot on and plug into my 302? http://www.wingsandwheels.com/seeyou...hce_pdapna.htm This is the exact same device as the GliderGuider and the Vertica 2 just without any sort of silk screened name.This would be less expensive as it is from a US source. It is very bright and is receiving high remarks.

This looks nice but is it competible with WP Pro, 302 etc??
Old October 8th 12, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

should work fine with any of the normal PNA type software and communicate
with most delives like the CAI302
tim

Old October 9th 12, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Monday, October 8, 2012 1:58:07 PM UTC-7, Tim Mara wrote:
should work fine with any of the normal PNA type software and communicate with most delives like the CAI302 tim "6PK" wrote in message ... On Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:18:02 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote: Time to do something this winter. I know there have been discussions, but as of today, what is the best choice of an -available- display I can run Winpilot on and plug into my 302? http://www.wingsandwheels.com/seeyou...hce_pdapna.htm This is the exact same device as the GliderGuider and the Vertica 2 just without any sort of silk screened name.This would be less expensive as it is from a US source. It is very bright and is receiving high remarks. This looks nice but is it competible with WP Pro, 302 etc??

Than you must know something I don't Tim. According to WP website he only offers the Advanced version for PNA and not the Pro.
In wich case the 302 will not communicate with the device. But maybe I'm reading this wrong?
http://winpilot.com/Default.aspx

Head up Displays Muttley Soaring 3 September 25th 12 01:42 AM
The future of displays in the cockpit? Tim Taylor Soaring 6 December 23rd 09 02:35 AM
PENTAGON CONSIDERING MILITARY BUILD UP AGAINST IRAN (Scroll down to comments section - see page 2 of the comments section as well): [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 December 19th 06 09:37 PM
Digital Paper displays Roger Worden Soaring 11 December 11th 06 04:47 PM
More on FOTI / A-6 Radar Displays Mike Kanze Naval Aviation 0 September 28th 04 02:42 AM