In his own words - BWB and the OMABP

Old July 9th 04, 12:01 AM
frank

The IFR certified models have a fine metal mesh layers embedded in selected
areas to provide a path for the electrical charges.

"Capt.Doug" wrote in message
"RobertR237" wrote in message There are a whole lot of glass planes out
there flying every day, both
production and experimental. The reported strikes have been very few.

suspect that the odds of getting killed driving to the airport are far

greater
than being killed because of a lightning strike in a glass plane.

True- but I haven't been able to find out any meaningful data about how

the
electrical charges are kept from causing structural damage. None of the
salesmen I queried has a clue. Some of the certified models have a full
instrument panel but aren't certified for IFR flight, ostensibly because

of
this issue. Until I do find some meaningful data, I have to go on the

theory
that I will again be struck by lightning. I don't want to end up like

those
glider pilots in the UK, especially since they had chutes and I don't).

D.

Old July 9th 04, 02:21 AM
Badwater Bill

I can arrange that in Thailand, Cambodia or Laos. I'll even be the
guide, a translator that you could actually understand. Or, you can
just come by one weekend and I'll take you shooting here near my house
in Virginia or on my property in WV.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

You guys see how cool this guy is? Bryan, you are tops.

BWB

Old July 9th 04, 02:32 AM
Badwater Bill

On 7 Jul 2004 10:36:14 -0700, (pacplyer) wrote:

(bryan chaisone) wrote in message . com...
Yah, I know you're right about all that. I got offended and over reacted (again).

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Hey Bry,

Yeah, and I over-lectured again, sorry about that. It was meant for
the group as a whole, not really you. You were right though, to get
****ed at BWB for forgetting who you are. What an old fart! This
means he buys the beer at the next hangar party (again.) ;-)

pac

You got it Pac, as long as it's YOUR hangar. And if anyone complains
about the Miller Lite, then let the cheap muther ****ers buy whatever
beer they want to drink and share it with the crowd. The second year
at Pink Knee Ville, I was stupid and gave John Johnson Carte Blanche.
It thought I could trust him. What a mistake that was. A few hundred
bucks later for a special cooling system and multiple kegs, and the
Rah muther ****ers still bitched about the TYPE. I couldn't believe
it. Even O'ring was ****ed off for my sake. He went nuts at the fly
in and told me to NEVER buy the beer again for such an inconsiderate,
mooching crowd of assholes.

The next year when I didn't subsidize the party all you heard was Low
Flier whining about how he was losing his ass on the fly in. Well,
for Christ's sake, I didn't think it was a business and he was trying
to make money. But I guess he did make a few bucks when I was buying
all the beer. Then I heard his wife try to calm him down and tell him
they could freeze all the food that was left over and they'd have meat
through the winter. That seemed to calm him down so he wasn't coming
to me trying to mooch more money every hour.

Jesus, what a turn off.

BWB

Old July 9th 04, 02:33 AM
Badwater Bill

The house we're building already has a 24 x 36 foot shop.
My plan is to build a low and slow high wing stump jumper as
soon as we move in. I loved the feel of the RV-6. It flew
as if it was a part of me. But, now, I want an airplane
that I can land (and take off..) from our family ranch. I
want a plane that I can spot friends homes and the deer that
are ready to "harvest".

I also want an airplane that is able to fly so slow that I
can 'hover' over the nudist camp...

John

This post put a tear in my eye John. I hope you do it.

Bill
Old July 9th 04, 02:41 AM
Badwater Bill

You just might get yours of the ground before my trike. I'm such a
procrastinator.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Well get off your butt and get to work. Of course you will have to
neglect your wife, your two daughter, you job and your drinking (if
you drink). This, plus your excessive expenditures for tools and a
shop will drive you in to Bankruptcy and you will become an outcast by
all of your relatives. You, will however, have lots of friends. Once
you have a shop and tools, you'll have no peace of mind, no free time,
no moments to be a MONK. You will see, grasshopper, how it goes.

Just forget it up front and buy a Cessna so you don't end up leading a
tortured life like the rest of us who really do build airplanes. It's
not worth it Bryan. Save your soul before it's too late.

See my pictures of the new lifting body I installed yesterday in my
shop on the Alt.binaries files somewhere when I post it. See the new
thread below. Then you'll see a truly tortured individual.

BWB

Old July 9th 04, 12:30 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

now, I want an airplane
that I can land (and take off..) from our family ranch. I
want a plane that I can spot friends homes and the deer that
are ready to "harvest".

I also want an airplane that is able to fly so slow that I
can 'hover' over the nudist camp...

John

Well John sounds like you need a CGS Hawk ,I've spotted deer,taken off on short
unimproved fields and checked out the topless gals at the private lake here in
Ohio. Lets talk :-) Take off in less than 200" landings the same cruise at 70
-90 mph depending on engine and slow fly at 35 or so with the flaps down. Got
single and 2 place.....End of obvious commercial

See ya

Chuck (no place to land at private lake with possible engine trouble) S

Old July 9th 04, 03:02 PM
Morgans

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote

Well John sounds like you need a CGS Hawk . Take off in less than 200"

End of obvious commercial

See ya

Chuck

Damn, Chuck! A 200 inch takeoff? What have you done to the new models, to
be able to do that? ;-o)
--
Jim in NC (who loves those 40 mph winds, straight down the runway) g

---

Old July 9th 04, 04:05 PM
Badwater Bill

Well John sounds like you need a CGS Hawk ,I've spotted deer,taken off on short
unimproved fields and checked out the topless gals at the private lake here in
Ohio. Lets talk :-) Take off in less than 200" landings the same cruise at 70
-90 mph depending on engine and slow fly at 35 or so with the flaps down. Got
single and 2 place.....End of obvious commercial

See ya

Chuck (no place to land at private lake with possible engine trouble) S

Chuck:

John's a pretty big boy. I'm not so sure the Hawk would fly him. He
needs a Piper Cub minimum. Hell, I'm a runt next to John and I weigh
250.

Do you have a mod for big men on that thing?

BWB

Old July 9th 04, 07:34 PM
Richard Lamb

Put a 582 on this one and widen the cockpit to whatever is
comfortable...

http://home.earthlink.net/~n6228l/
Old July 9th 04, 07:34 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Morgans says...

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote

Well John sounds like you need a CGS Hawk . Take off in less than 200"

End of obvious commercial

See ya

Chuck

Damn, Chuck! A 200 inch takeoff? What have you done to the new models, to
be able to do that? ;-o)
--
Jim in NC (who loves those 40 mph winds, straight down the runway) g

OOPs I meant 200 "FEET " LOL!!! Actually 200 inches is 16.67 feet and I bet in a
30 mph wind with full flaps ... :-)

See ya

Chuck S