Airbus A380 First Delivery Delayed again

Old May 3rd 05, 09:40 PM
Ken

Default Airbus A380 First Delivery Delayed again

Airbus has announced the first delvery of the A380 has been further
set back to
Oct or November of 2006,with the possibility of a further delay until
early 2007.
Stories circulating in the industry are reporting significant
problems, Weight, landing gear,bilkheads.

Delivery delays are going to prove very costly for Airbus, but what
the heck they're losing money on everyone they sell anyway.

KT
Old May 4th 05, 07:55 AM
Scott Skylane

Ken wrote:
/snip/
Stories circulating in the industry are reporting significant
problems, Weight, landing gear,bilkheads.

Delivery delays are going to prove very costly for Airbus, but what
the heck they're losing money on everyone they sell anyway.

KT

Arrrggh! It's those darned *bilkheads* again!!!
Old May 4th 05, 01:57 PM
Gord Beaman

Scott Skylane wrote:

Ken wrote:
/snip/
Stories circulating in the industry are reporting significant
problems, Weight, landing gear,bilkheads.

Delivery delays are going to prove very costly for Airbus, but what
the heck they're losing money on everyone they sell anyway.

KT

Arrrggh! It's those darned *bilkheads* again!!!

Yeh...bilking everyone right and left...no wonder they're losing
money...

--
-Gord.

"Perhaps my memory isn't what it
used to be - if it ever was"
Old May 4th 05, 10:45 PM
Robert B.

"Ken" wrote in message
om...
Airbus has announced the first delvery of the A380 has been further
set back to
Oct or November of 2006,with the possibility of a further delay until
early 2007.
Stories circulating in the industry are reporting significant
problems, Weight, landing gear,bilkheads.

Delivery delays are going to prove very costly for Airbus, but what
the heck they're losing money on everyone they sell anyway.

KT

And of course they won't lose any money it they scrap it either since that
bill's already been paid by the EU. Anyone want to give _me_ a 0% "loan" of
billions to see if I can design a new jet and sell it? Promise to pay it
all back out of the profits! Something like, say, 5% on the profit of each
plane?

Old May 5th 05, 08:17 AM
Thomas Borchert

Robert,

Anyone want to give _me_ a 0% "loan" of
billions to see if I can design a new jet and sell it?

No, but you can have a nice, fat government contract for something else
to support you. How about that?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 5th 05, 11:36 PM
Dean Wilkinson

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Robert,

Anyone want to give _me_ a 0% "loan" of
billions to see if I can design a new jet and sell it?

No, but you can have a nice, fat government contract for something else
to support you. How about that?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Government contracts require you to actually deliver a product or a service.
They aren't charity by any stretch of the imagination, and they are bid out
on a competitive basis. Big difference between that and getting low
interest no-obligation loans.

Old May 6th 05, 12:44 AM
Brian Whatcott

On Thu, 5 May 2005 16:36:35 -0600, "Dean Wilkinson"
wrote:

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Robert,

Anyone want to give _me_ a 0% "loan" of
billions to see if I can design a new jet and sell it?

No, but you can have a nice, fat government contract for something else
to support you. How about that?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Government contracts require you to actually deliver a product or a service.
They aren't charity by any stretch of the imagination, and they are bid out
on a competitive basis.///

....lavatory seats, for example

[sorry, sorry, couldn't resist...]

Brian W
Old May 6th 05, 08:53 AM
Thomas Borchert

Dean,

They aren't charity by any stretch of the imagination, and they are bid out
on a competitive basis.

Uh, yeah, right, if you say so. Oh, and that's exactly how I remember it with
the new Airforce tankers, too.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 6th 05, 11:04 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

They aren't charity by any stretch of the imagination, and they are bid out
on a competitive basis.

Uh, yeah, right, if you say so. Oh, and that's exactly how I remember it with
the new Airforce tankers, too.

So, you are saying that the Airbus deal is equivalent to the deal Boeing got
from the USAF because of Drunyan?

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule